Animal Ethics Online Support
Complete your application online by logging in to Ethics Online
UNSW staff members (full time, part time, conjoint appointments) or students enrolled in a UNSW post graduate course will automatically have an ethics online account set up.
To access Animal Ethics Online, you need to enter a Username and Password. Your Username is your Staff or Student ID (which is usually prefixed by "s" or "z" followed by a 7 digit number); your Password is your UniPass ID as assigned by the Information Technology Service Centre (ITS).
Note: Contact ITS on 9385 1333 if you do not know your UniPass ID, have forgotten it, or have problems with your UniPass.
For researchers wishing to create an Animal Ethics application for the first time, you will require endorsement from your Head of School (HoS) before access to create applications will be granted. Email email@example.com the details of your HoS so that we can seek such endorsement.
If you are not an employee or student of UNSW, you will need to apply for an external user login by submitting the following online application form:
Once we receive your application, we will assess your eligibility and an account will be set up for you. You will receive an email with the assigned login. For security reasons, you will be asked to change your password the first time you log onto Ethics Online. Note that only UNSW staff can be the Chief Investigator or Second Chief Investigator on projects (UNSW staff include conjoint appointments).
Follow the steps below to change your password:
- Log on to Ethics Online using the login emailed to you
- In the section Animal Ethics User Profile > My Profile, ovewrite the current password indicated by * in the Password field with your own password
Ethics Online Guides
- How to create and submit a new Animal Ethics Application online
- How to create Animal Ethics Modifications
- How to edit Animal Ethics Applications or Modifications which have not been submitted online
- How to resubmit Animal Ethics Application
- How and when to validate Animal Ethics Applications and Modifications
- Review Animal Ethics Modications - Chair
- Review Animal Ethics Modifications - Executive
- Review Animal Ethics Modifications - Spokesperson
- Quick Guide: New Animal Ethics Applications
- Quick Guide: Animal Ethics Modifications
- Quick Guide: Resubmit Animal Ethics Applications
- Quick Guide: Review Animal Ethics Modifications - Chair
- Quick Guide: Review Animal Ethics Modifications - Executive
- Quick Guide: Review Animal Ethics Modifications - Spokesperson