ARC LIEF 2018 Resource Page
Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities- Grants Management Office (GMO)
|22 September 2016||Funding Rules and Changes to Funding Rules Document released|
|8 February 2017||Applications open in RMS. All intending applicants should initiate an application in RMS as soon as practical. This will allow the Research Strategy and Partnerships Office (RSPO) and the Grants Management Office (GMO) to provide you with key information and strategic and compliance support throughout the round.|
15 February 2017
20 March 2017
Internal deadline for strategic review- email drafts to Grainne Moran (firstname.lastname@example.org) and cc email@example.com – please include 'LIEF18_Lead University_Lead CI' in the subject line. You may be allocated another PVCRI team member to assist with your review
Please note that earlier submission is strongly encouraged, especially for first time applicants. Late submissions will be reviewed where possible.
|20 March 2017
||Request not to Assess Due - Submit your RNTA Form to the GMO (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 20 March for ARC submission by 22 March 2017.|
|22 March 2017
||Internal Deadline for GMO Compliance Review- Details of your Compliance Advisor will be advised shortly after the internal close.|
|5 April 2017
||ARC External Close - Finalise and submit applications on RMS.|
NOI Instructions & Documentation
All UNSW Researchers intending to apply for an ARC LIEF grant (through UNSW or as part of a bid led by another Institution) commencing in 2018 must complete and submit a NOI by 15 February 2017- email your NOI to William Lao (email@example.com) and cc firstname.lastname@example.org – subject line and workbook filename should be 'LIEF18 NOI_[Lead University]_[UNSW lead CI surname].xls
- LE18 NOI Workbook
- LE18 NOI Instructions
- LE18 UNSW Site, Services and Installation Sign-Off with Checklist
The LIEF Notification of Intention to Apply (NOI) is a formal application to the University for financial and in-kind support for your LIEF application. NOIs must be completed using the UNSW NOI Excel workbook.
Salary Scales for Grant Budgeting - Details of UNSW Salary Scales. Use the worksheets to budget academic, professional and casual salaries with appropriate on-costs.
LIEF 2018 Budget Table Example - (version from previous rounds provided)- Budget items that have been taken from previous successful LIEF applications, as well as rules and instructions for what can and can’t be included in your application. Use the spreadsheet for ideas on items you may need for your project, the appropriate sections to place the items in, and suggestions on how to phrase the details for each line item.
- A9.2- Major National Facility
- A10.2- International Facility
- A10.3- International Facility Agreement
- C1- Project Description
- E2- Summary of Project Direct Cost
- E3- Justification of Funding Requested from the ARC
- E4- Details of Non-ARC Contributions
- E5- Summary of Quotes
- G1- Research Support for all Participants
- G2- Statements on Progress on ARC Funded LIEF Projects
Additional resources for budget preparation can be found on the GMO Budget Preparation Resource Page.
GMO Successful Grant Library
The Grants Management Office houses a digital library of successful UNSW applications for a wide range of schemes, including ARC LIEF grants. Consulting successful grant applications can provide ideas on structuring your proposal and a better understanding of the level at which your proposal should be pitched.
Conditions for viewing successful Grants:
- Access is restricted to UNSW employees and students. You must bring your current UNSW Staff ID card with you when you visit the library.
- The applications may only be viewed at the Grants Management Office. Grants will be viewed digitally, but no part of the application is permitted to be printed, digitally copied nor photographed. You may take notes.
Make an appointment to visit the Library:
Email your request to email@example.com, including the following information:
- Name, position and school/Faculty (e.g. your UNSW email signature)
- The scheme(s) you would like to view (e.g. "ARC LIEF")
- Scheduling requirements, if any (e.g. "I am available Tuesday Wednesdays or Friday mornings")
UNSW Policy on Cash Contributions to LIEF Applications
- UNSW may decide to provide 100% cash contribution from UNSW Central if the project is based at UNSW (i.e. if UNSW is selected as the administering institution)
- UNSW contribution for the ARC LIEF 2018 applications submitted via another institution (i.e. where UNSW is not the administering institution) should be made up of 75% UNSW Central funds and 25% from School/Faculty funds
- Applicants should seek budget advice and assistance in preparing their application from the Office of the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research Infrastructure). Email Associate Professor Grainne Moran, Pro Vice-Chancellor Research Infrastructure- firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com.
UNSW LE18 Certification Form
It is a UNSW requirement that you obtain written certification from all persons and organisations participating in your project prior to submission to the ARC.
Who should complete and sign this form:
- Each Chief Investigator (CI) (except for the lead-investigator)
- Each Partner Investigator (PI)
- The Organisation of each PI. The form should be signed by the CEO or delegate of the Organisation. (NOT required for overseas organisations)
- The Collaborating Organisation of each CI. The form should be signed by the DVCR or delegate (e.g. Director, Research Office, DVCR) of the University. (NOT required for CIs from UNSW)
Please submit your certifications by email to your Compliance Advisor, or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UNSW Certification of non-UNSW led LIEF proposals
The Director, Grants Management Office is the signatory for all certifications where UNSW is not the Administering Organisation. If you are a participant on a proposal that is being led by another institution please send your certification form through to email@example.com for UNSW certification. Please note, you will need to use the certification form provided by the Administering Organisation. Certification forms will not be signed for proposals that did not submit a formal NOI.
Using RMS 2.0
How to Access and Update your Personal profile:
- Login to RMS 2.0
- On your home screen, known as the ‘Action Centre’, find the ‘Person Profile’ section
- Click on each of the Personal Profile sections in turn (‘Personal Details’, ‘Qualifications’ and ‘Employment’) and enter your details where any fields are blank.
- You can still view all the details you previously entered in RMS - under the ‘Personal Profile’ section, click on ‘RMS legacy information’ to log in your old RMS account.
How to Request a New Account:
- If you never had an RMS account, visit the RMS 2.0 homepage and click “request new account”. A new screen will appear where you can enter your details.
- Under “Admin Organisation”, select “The University of New South Wales”. This allows UNSW to administer your account and track your proposal once you commence an application.
- Under “Organisation”, select your current organisation (or enter it in the free text box).
- Once you complete your details and click “register” at the bottom of the screen, you will be sent an automatic email asking you to validate your email address. Click the link to confirm your address.
- Your request will be sent to the UNSW research office and ARC for approval. This may take several business days.
- Once approved, you will receive an automatic email with instructions for setting up your password. Once this is complete, you will be able to log in to RMS 2.0 and begin setting up your personal profile.
Step by step screen shots of the above processes and additional user instructions are available at the ARC RMS 2.0 Information Page.
- Submit your proposal to Associate Professor Grainne Moran (firstname.lastname@example.org) and cc email@example.com by 20 March 2017. Please include 'LIEF18_Lead University_Lead CI' in the subject line. You may be allocated another PVCRI team member to assist with your review. Note that earlier submission is strongly encouraged, especially for first time applicants. Late submissions will be reviewed where possible.
- For all certification queries, please email William Lao (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Compliance & Eligibility Advice (Grants Management Office | GMO)
You will be advised on the details of your individual Compliance Advisor shortly after commencing your application on RMS. In the meantime, please contact the GMO on email@example.com. Note that the ARC will not respond directly to enquiries from researchers – they request and expect that enquiries are made through the Grants Management Office. For RMS technical issues, please contact the GMO Systems Team- firstname.lastname@example.org.