International Research Candidate Scholarships
Graduate Research School
You must apply for admission before you apply for a scholarship (see Related Links)
2014 International Research Candidate Scholarships
Semester 2, 2014 International Research Candidate Scholarships
Results will be released from 23 April 2014
Future application rounds:
UNSW offers the following scholarships to international research candidates of exceptional research potential to undertake a higher degree by research:
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS)
- University International Postgraduate Award (UIPA)
- Tuition Fee Scholarship (TFS) plus a Faculty Research Stipend
- Note: In the Faculty of Engineering, only candidates for PhD will be considered for TFS
- Submit an admission application (see Related Links). You only need to have submitted an application, not received an offer of admission, to apply for the scholarship round.
- Read the Scholarship Application Guidelines (see Related Links)
- Register one scholarship application form via the Registration link. You will receive an automatic confirmation email with a registration number when submission is successful - Note: only one application is required for the UNSW International Research Scholarships, applicants will be considered for all the above scholarships for which they are eligible.
- Submit all supporting Documentation as per the Document Submission Guidelines (see Related Links). Only one set of documentation is required for both admission and scholarship. Certified documents can be brought with you when you arrive to enrol. Applicants do not need to meet the UNSW English Requirements Policy before applying for scholarship.
- Send referee report forms to two referees, with Section A completed. Your referee will receive notification when we receive the form, so please contact them directly for confirmation they have been received.
We can receive supporting documentation up until the closing date. Once the scholarship round has closed, we can no longer receive supporting documentation. Please ensure your submit everything before that time.
We are unable to release results before the outcome date above. Please note that this is the starting date of the outcome release - not all outcomes can be released on that same day.
Additional Scholarships - open at various times throughout the year
UNSW offers additional scholarships for postgraduate researchers as listed below. This list is updated regularly. Please follow the links for further information.
China Scholarship Council (CSC) - Information for applicants from China who are interested in applying for CSC Full Doctoral and Joint-Training Program or who have applied for Tuition Fee Scholarships for CSC Full Doctoral candidates
Home Country Scholarships - A number of scholarships are available from applicants' home countries for research study.
Australian Government Scholarships - Information on AusAID and ENDEAVOUR Scholarships.
Other Scholarships - including discipline specific scholarships, UNSW Canberra scholarships and NICTA scholarships.