International Research Candidate Scholarships
Graduate Research School
2015 International Research Candidate Scholarships
Semester 1, 2015 International Research Candidate Scholarships - NOW OPEN
Open: 1 July 2014
Open: 2 September 2014
UNSW offers the following scholarships to international research candidates of exceptional research potential to undertake a higher degree by research:
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS)
- University International Postgraduate Award (UIPA)
- Tuition Fee Scholarship (TFS) plus a Research Stipend
Note: In the Faculty of Engineering, only candidates for PhD will be considered for a TFS
To apply for the above scholarships:
- Apply for Admission (see related links): If you have not done so already, you must apply for admission before you apply for a scholarship. (You only need to have submitted an admission application, not received an offer of admission, in order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship round). Once you have applied for Admission, you will receive an admission Application Receipt Letter. In this letter, you will be provided with your own unique URL which you can use in the event you wish to Apply for Scholarship when the scholarship rounds are open. If you have already applied for admission however, and wish to apply for a scholarship, please email the Graduate Research School at email@example.com with the subject heading “request for scholarship URL”. Please outline which scholarship round you wish you to apply for (eg S1, 2015 International Scholarship round) and the International Scholarship Team will provide you with your unique URL which you can use to apply for your selected scholarship round when the rounds are open (see below).
- International Scholarship Guidelines (see related documents): You must read this guideline before applying for a scholarship . This document will also provide instructions on how to submit your scholarship application using your unique URL. Once you have submitted your scholarship application online successfully, you will receive an automatic email confirmation. This email will provide you with a registration ID.
- Document Submission Guidelines (see related links): Only one set of documentation is required to be sent to the GRS for both admission and scholarship. Submit all supporting documentation as per the guidelines. Certified documents can be brought with you when you arrive to enrol.
- Scholarship Academic Referee Report (see related documents):Send Scholarship Academic referee report forms to two referees, with Section A completed. Your referee will receive notification when we receive the form, so please contact them directly for confirmation they have been received.
We can receive supporting documentation up until the closing date. Once the scholarship round has closed, we can no longer receive supporting documentation for that round. Please ensure you submit everything before that time.
We are unable to release results before the outcome date above. Please note that this is the starting date of the outcome release - not all outcomes can be released on that same day.
Additional Scholarships - open at various times throughout the year
UNSW offers additional scholarships for postgraduate researchers as listed below. This list is updated regularly. Please follow the links for further information.
China Scholarship Council (CSC) - Information for applicants from China who are interested in applying for CSC Full Doctoral and Joint-Training Program or who have applied for Tuition Fee Scholarships for CSC Full Doctoral candidates
Higher Education Commission, Pakistan (HEC) - Information for applicants from Pakistan who are interested in applying for Tuition Fee Scholarships for HEC Doctoral candidates
Home Country Scholarships - A number of scholarships are available from applicants' home countries for research study.
Australian Government Scholarships - Information on Australia Awards and Endeavour Scholarships.
Other Scholarships - including discipline specific scholarships, UNSW Canberra scholarships and NICTA scholarships.