International Research Candidate Scholarships
Graduate Research School
2015 International Research Candidate Scholarships
Semester 1, 2015 International Research Candidate Scholarships - NOW OPEN
Open: 1 July 2014
Semester 2, 2015 International Research Candidate Scholarships
Open: 2 September 2014
UNSW offers the following scholarships to international research candidates of exceptional research potential to undertake a higher degree by research:
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS)
- University International Postgraduate Award (UIPA)
- Tuition Fee Scholarship (TFS) plus a Research Stipend
Note: In the Faculty of Engineering, only candidates for PhD will be considered for a TFS
To apply for the above scholarships:
- Step1 - Apply for Admission (see related links): You must apply for admission at least one day before you can apply for a scholarship. (You only need to have submitted an admission application, not received an offer of admission, in order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship round).
- Step 2 - International Scholarship Guidelines (see related documents):You must read this guideline before applying for a scholarship . This document will also provide instructions on how to submit your scholarship application using your unique URL. Please note: You will receive the URL about a day after you have applied online for admission, however this is automatically sent by the system and we cannot get these to be sent any faster. Therefore you need to apply for admission by 31 August in order to be able to apply for the S1,15 scholarship round.
- Step 3 - Apply for the Scholarship: Go to your unique URL and complete the Scholarship Application. Once you have submitted your scholarship application online successfully, you will receive an automatic email confirmation. This email will provide you with a registration ID.
- Step 4 - Document Submission Guidelines (see related links): Only one set of documentation is required to be sent to the GRS for both admission and scholarship. Submit all supporting documentation as per the guidelines. Certified documents can be brought with you when you arrive to enrol. Electronic copies must be sent by the closing date above to be considered for the scholarship round (with the exception of proof of English and supervisor contact).
- Step 5 - Scholarship Academic Referee Report (see related documents): Send Scholarship Academic referee report forms to two referees, with Section A completed. Your referee will receive notification when we receive the form, so please contact them directly for confirmation they have been received. Reports need to be submitted by the closing date to be considered.
We can receive supporting documentation up until the closing date. Once the scholarship round has closed, we can no longer receive supporting documentation for that round. Please ensure you submit everything before that time.
We are unable to release results before the outcome date above. Please note that this is the starting date of the outcome release - not all outcomes can be released on that same day.
Additional Scholarships - open at various times throughout the year
UNSW offers additional scholarships for postgraduate researchers as listed below. This list is updated regularly. Please follow the links for further information.
UNSW / Home Country Joint Scholarship Programs - A number of strategic joint scholarships are available from applicants' home countries for research study.
Australian Government Scholarships - Information on Australia Awards and Endeavour Scholarships.
Other Scholarships - including discipline specific scholarships, UNSW Canberra scholarships and NICTA scholarships.