Research Administrators Network
Grants Management Office
The Research Administrators Network is open to all UNSW staff who play a role in assisting researchers in applying for and managing external research projects.
To join the RAN, please complete the online registration form.
To strengthen the working relationships between Grants Management Staff and School and Faculty Research Administrators
To assist people working within Schools and Faculties in supporting research at UNSW by:
- Keeping them apprised of upcoming research-related activities, such as grant application rounds and post-award reporting deadlines
- Ensuring everyone has access to information and advice on these activities
- Providing opportunities for learning and development in research management
- Responding to any questions and concerns as they arise.
Wednesday 17 October 2012, The Design@Eng Studio, Level 5, School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Building.
- Agenda- October 2012
- Research and Major Equipment Procurement (RMEP) Service Synopsis- Thomas Hing, Procurement Manager, Research & Major Equipment, Strategic Procurement
- Understanding and Utilising the Externally Funded Research (EFR) Report- Jo-Anne Tee, Associate Director, Decision Support & Research Finance
- Research Pricing- Warwick Dawson, Director, Research Partnerships Unit
Wednesday 15 August 2012, The Design@Eng Studio, Level 5, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Building.
- Agenda- August 2012
- Half-Yearly Debrief & Treatment of UNSW Indirect Costs- Daniel Owens, Grants Management Office
- Start Dates for ARC Funding - Susanne Clark, Grants Management Office
- InfoEd Fundamentals (no slides) - Lucian Hiss, Grants Management Office
Wednesday 20 June 2012, Mezzanine Theatre 10, Chemical Science Building
- Agenda- June 2012
- Innovation & Knowledge Exchange at UNSW - Dr Steve Brodie, NewSouth Innovations
- Milestone Invoicing - Lucian Hiss, Grants Management Office
- GMO Grant Activities- June 2012
Wednesday, 2 May 2012, Tyree Room, Scientia Building
Wednesday 15 February 2012, Rupert Myers Theatre
- Free to UNSW Research Administrators
- Weekly short training/information videos for Research Administrators
- *NCURA - National Council of University Research Administrators (USA)
- On-demand access to video tutorial library 24/7
- New courses added weekly at no additional cost
Connect with a colleague for help
The Research Administrators Network is a resource to help you connect with other knowledge experts across different schools and faculties within our university. If you have a question but don't know where to find answers, or would like training or mentoring in a particular area of research administration, contact Alex Bell and put the request to your colleagues in the RAN.