Find a Researcher
Award under the Research Centre Funding Scheme (EWI) to establish the Advanced Environmental Biotechnology Centre (AEBC)
Professor Staffan Kjelleberg has promoted UNSW’s involvement in Asia through the Centre for Marine Bio-Innovation's (CMB) involvement with the Advanced Environmental Biotechnology Centre (AEBC) in Singapore.
- Analysis of contingency tables, independence tests
- Multivariate data analysis
- Nonparametric and semiparametric models, in particular:
- Nonparametric regression, mainly kernel methods, and confidence intervals for regression functions
- Semiparametric regression, mainly Single-Index Models
- Mathematical Statistics, in particular:
- Asymptotic theory of statistics
- Stochastic processes, empirical processes and U-processes
- Large deviations principles
A three-dimensional model of normal and abnormal atrial electrical activity is currently being developed.
Research Interests: Involved in research looking at the way vascular risk factors and vascular pathology effect the expression of various types of cognitive impairment and dementia, and in ways of preventing and treating these.