Find a Researcher
The return of the omniscient narrator in contemporary fiction: authorship and narrative authority in the new millennium
In an age of relativism, some of the most important novelists today are reviving a narrative voice long considered an outmoded relic of 19th century fiction: the authoritative all-knowing omniscient narrator. This project delivers the first study of th...
The encoding of friction by tactile mechanoreceptors - the key to fingertip force control during dexterous object manipulation by humans
Unmatched human ability to control the hand so that brittle objects are gently held without slipping, or being crushed by excessive force rely on sophisticated tactile sense in the fingertips. This project will record and analyse signals which human ne...
- Associate Professor, School of Materials Science and Engineering, UNSW 2011- Current
- Senior Research Fellow, School of Materials Science and Engineering, UNSW 2007-2010
- Senior Research Associate, School of Materials Science and Engineering, UNSW 2005-2007
- Research Associate, School of Materials Science and Engineering, UNSW 1997-2005
- Research Associate, School of Chemistry, Sydney University, 1996-1997
- Research Fellow, Research School of Chemistry, ANU Canberra, 1986-1988; 1991-1992.