Find a Researcher
Internationally, patient safety is a growing concern. Patient harm occurs in 10% of hospital admissions. A million adverse events occur in general practice each year in Australia. Overseas data reports that patients receive recommended care only 50% of...
Factors influencing the transition to injecting drug use; HIV, hepatitis B and C prevention among injecting drug users; heroin overdose prevention.
This proposal aims to investigate the way that platlets and the cells present in blood interact with a biomaterial, known as chitosan, which is a bioploymer sourced from the shellfish industry and is made up from a well known sugar, glucosamine.
- BEng (1979-1983) Dept of Chemical Eng., Hebei University of Tech., Tianjin, PR China
- MEng (1986-1989) Dept of Chemical Eng., Tianjin University, PR China
- PhD (1998-2001) School of Chemical Eng., University of Sydney
- Research Fellow (2002- ) School of Materials Sci. & Eng., University of New South Wales.
- Research Engineer (1989-1997) R & D Centre for Petrochem. Tech., Tianjin University, PR China