Find a Researcher
1978: BSc. Zoology, University of Maryland (U.S.A.)
1984: PhD. Biology, University of California (U.S.A.)
- 2010 - present, Co-Director, Advanced Environmental Biotechnology Centre (AEBC)
- 2009 - present, Director and CEO, Sydney Institute of Marine Sciences (SIMS)
- 2010 - (ongoing): Research Associate at the School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia.
- 2009 – 2010: Visiting fellow at the School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia.
- 2004 – 2009: Research fellow at the Center for Molecular Neurobiology, Hamburg University Medical School Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany.
Drunk, high or sober: How do alcohol and illicit drug prices affect young Australians' plans for Saturday night?
Many young people regard alcohol and illicit drugs as part of the repertoire of products that facilitate socialising through intoxication. This has become a pressing public policy issue because the practice costs society dearly. Economic research suppo...
This project explores low-income families' perceptions of early childhood education and care (ECEC) services: how they make decisions about service use and informal care, how well they understand government rules and benefits, and how they negotiate lo...