RSPO Strategic Support for Competitive Grants Funding
Research Strategy and Partnerships Office
The Research Strategy and Partnerships Office (RSPO) supports the University's research performance and profile by working with Faculties, research teams and researchers to secure research funding from a range of sources.
This page outlines how the RSPO provides strategic support to UNSW researchers for competitive granting schemes. For information about services provided by the RSPO for contracts and consultancies and international research please see the links in the right hand column.
Strategic One-on-one Advice
The RSPO provides advice to researchers during the pre-award stage of grant applications on the strategy of applying for funding from national competitive sources (right scheme – right project) as well as providing strategic ‘lay review’ of actual applications.
This role is complementary to the compliance checking of applications and scheme advice provided by the Grants Management Office.
Our specialised team members provide expert one-on-one advice regarding:
- NHMRC Projects and Schemes
- NHMRC Centres of Research Excellence
- International research funding schemes
- ARC Centres of Excellence
- ARC Discovery Projects
- ARC Linkage Projects
- Click here for information on Linkage grants and other industry partnership opportunities
Who to contact in the RSPO
- View our Contacts page to find the appropriate contact for the above schemes.
Training and Development
The RSPO also presents a range of training sessions throughout the year to assist with the grants process from applications to rejoinders.
- These are advertised in the What's On Calendar and via the Grant News and Researcher Training and Development bulletins
Current Grants Schemes - schedules, compliance and submission
- For a full schedule of current funding schemes plus links to relevant conditions and requirements visit the GMO website
The following diagrams further outline where to seek advice during the grant application process:
Contract and Commissioned Research
- Click here to find out about RSPO support for contract and commissioned research funding, consulting and tenders.
- The RSPO oversees all stages in the life cycle of UNSW Research, Program and Community Centres and Institutes. These stages include the establishment, periodic performance reviews and closure of Centres and Institutes.
- To find out more please Contact Us