Division of Research
UNSW is one of the leading research intensive universities in the Asia Pacific region with world class expertise, facilities and infrastructure in professional and scientific fields. Engagement and linkage with external partners from industry, government and other organisations is fundamental to our mission.
The Research Partnerships Unit facilitates and enables successful and sustainable partnerships that aim to deliver high quality outcomes for our partners and UNSW. We are responsible for the identification, establishment and effective management of Australian and international research partnerships with industry, governments, and affiliated institutions. Our approach is underpinned by a “partnership pathway” model that outlines the opportunities for engagement from student scholarships through to larger investments which may include consulting and contract research, ARC linkage projects, technology commercialisation and sponsorship of UNSW Chairs and Research Centres.
- Promotion of Researcher expertise
- Strategic advice on external engagement
- Assistance with Tenders / Proposals and budgets
- Contract preparation
- Training and workshops
- Single point of entry to access UNSW expertise and facilities
- Advice on partnering with UNSW including ARC Linkage/NHMRC Partnerships
- Efficient contract completion
- Research showcases and networking events
The University of New South Wales is a registered Research Service Provider and partner organisations may be eligible for the Australian Government's R&D Tax Incentive when sponsoring research projects at UNSW.