Vice-Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
Division of Research Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
2014 APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2015 ROUND WILL OPEN IN JUNE/JULY 2014.
Vice-Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are awarded to early career researchers of exceptional calibre wishing to conduct full-time research at UNSW in any of its areas of research strengths.
2013 Conditions of Award
- External to UNSW i.e., not currently hold an appointment at UNSW or UNSW affiliated organisations (NeuRA, Garvan, VCCRI, CCIA) or internal to UNSW but have not held an appointment at UNSW or UNSW affiliated organisations prior to 1 January 2013.
- Applicants must have been awarded a PhD, conferred (dated on testamur) no earlier than 1 January 2009; or for applicants who are expecting to soon be awarded a PhD, it must be conferred (dated on testamur) by 31 December 2013 to accept the Fellowship;
- If the applicant was awarded a PhD from UNSW they must have spent at least 2 years employed at another university or research institution and the Fellowship must not be undertaken with the applicant’s UNSW PhD supervisor as a mentor;
- Fellows will become full time employees of UNSW and be based at UNSW for the full duration of the Fellowship (except for periods of approved leave or travel);
- Fellowships will be offered for a period of 2 years, renewable for a third year subject to research performance in the top 25% of their level of appointment;
- UNSW employment conditions apply to the Fellowship, including such entitlements as relocation allowance on appointment;
- A salary (taxable) will be provided at Level A or B of the UNSW academic salary scale based on years of experience as determined by UNSW;
- A research support grant of A$10,000 per annum for three years will be provided to assist with research costs. This sum is paid per calendar year and must be utilised within the same year;
- Once a Fellow has accepted an offer, they will be required to actively use available opportunities from 1 January 2014 and for the duration of the Fellowship, to seek externally-funded fellowships applicable to their discipline such as ARC Fellowships (DECRA) or NHMRC Career Development Fellowships. Fellows are also expected to actively seek other external research funding during the course of their Fellowship.
2013 Application Round Dates
|14 June 2013||Applications open.|
|14 June - 23 August 2013||Applicants to contact Heads of Schools regarding advice re mentors, whether their research is aligned with School research priorities, and an indication of whether they should develop a full application.|
|23 August 2013||Closing date for applicants to submit completed application to Heads of School.|
|3 September 2013||Heads of Schools to notify applicants if they have been shortlisted for consideration.|
|12 November 2013||First round offers made to successful applicants via email|
|31 March 2014||Latest date for Fellows to take up position at UNSW|
|Nalisa Mam||+61 2 9385 5638||+61 2 9385 firstname.lastname@example.org|