Graduate Research School
For Postgraduate Researchers with Exceptional Research Potential
Are you highly motivated, committed and passionate about your research? Do you want to join a team of researchers recognised as the best in their field? Are you considering starting a PhD?
UNSW would like to provide you with a unique opportunity to visit us, meet prospective supervisors, see the facilities and support for research candidates at UNSW, and meet the Dean of Graduate Research.
High achieving domestic students from within Australia or New Zealand are invited to apply for the Visit UNSW Program that provides travel and accommodation funding to visit the UNSW campuses (Sydney or Canberra).
Candidates will be selected on academic merit and alignment of proposed area of PhD research to UNSW's research supervisors and research priorities. You must be a new student.
Eligible candidates should also apply for Research Excellence Scholarships - up to $35,000 pa (tax free). Click here for more information.
Visit UNSW Eligibility Criteria
- High achieving
- For domestic students only (Australian citizens or permanent residents, or New Zealand citizens)
- You must be a new PhD candidate
- Before applying for a higher research degree you will need to match your area of interest to one of our Faculties or Schools. Once you have located a School that you feel best supports your area of research, you should approach a potential supervisor in that area. Click here for details on finding a supervisor.
- Complete the Visit UNSW Student Application Form
- Attach your CV, highlighting research experience
- Attach your academic transcripts
- Submit all documents the Graduate Research School (contact details below)
Information for Schools and Supervisors
Once a student has submitted an application the Graduate Research School will determine eligibility and then contact the School.
Contact Christina Bacchiella (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Graduate Research School with any enquiries.