Given the changes in the emerging context, it is expected that the 3MT Competition will be a virtual competition.
This also means that it is highly likely that faculty heats will be held virtually. The UNSW interdisciplinary final in September is likely also to be a virtual competition.
The 3MT Development Series presented by Researcher Development will now be all online and we are in the throes of converting our interactive practice based workshops to support HDRs in preparing for this virtual competition.
The skills you will learn from the series will not only support you in preparing for this virtual competition, they will also give you the chance to develop your online communication skills which can be utilised in future collaborations and opportunities. Now is an opportune time to invest in this essential skill in 2020.
Complete our EOI to register your interest in the series
How will the 3MT development series support you in preparing for your faculty heats?
“The workshops gave me some good strategies to begin writing my talk, to whittle it down to something suitable and to deliver it effectively.”
2018 global 3MT winner Jonathan Berengut, from UNSW Medicine. Read more about Jonathan Berengut here.
- "The spacing between workshops gave me time to work on things and forced me to dedicate time to working on my 3MT"
- "Getting the chance to practice was really helpful"
- "Providing feedback & guidance in a supportive environment"
- "Learning new skills and building my self-confidence and provide peer feedback"
- "you're such an awesome team! It's been a great experience".