Labs Without Walls.An app-based study of ageing
across the life course.
What does participation involve?
- Answer questions to determine if you are eligible to join
- Download the free research app and complete informed consent
- Receive an Apple Watch and headphones in the mail for use during the study
- Complete a one-time health questionnaire
- Complete short surveys, and game-like tasks
- At the end of the study, return the study devices using the pre-paid postage box provided
Length, benefits and risks
We will ask you to participate for 8 weeks. Daily tasks will take no longer than 10 minutes of your time, and some days you will not be asked to complete any activities.
You may not directly benefit from taking part but learning more about yourself and your activity may be interesting to you. You will also help researchers to develop a better understand of ageing across the life course.
There are limited risks associated with this study (e.g. possible risks include discomfort associated with wearing the watch device for a prolonged period of time).
There is also the unlikely possibility of the accidental release of your data which could infringe upon your privacy. However, the research team will do everything in their power to minimise the chance of this occurring.
It is important to be aware that you may withdraw from the study at any time.
This study has been approved by the UNSW Human Research Ethics Committee (approval number: HC200792).
Join the study!
We're currently seeking research participants aged 18 to 85, who are interested in helping us understand ageing.
If you meet the following criteria, please contact us today:
- You live in Australia
- You are between the ages of 18 and 85
- You currently own and use an Apple iPhone
- You do not rely on text to speech services when using your mobile device
Labs Without Walls Research Study
ph. 0483 344 667