EVENT: Electrifying Transport - 14 August 2019
Transport is the second largest emitter of CO2 globally. Combustion engines will stop being manufactured by European car makers as soon as 2023. Technological innovations are developing at a faster pace than policy and regulatory frameworks can be implemented.
This event explored:
- What transport innovations are occurring, and what does this mean for the digital grid?
- What policy and regulation changes need to occur to enable wider adoption of electric transport?
- What consumer safety and privacy implications must we consider?
- How will markets and key industry players be disrupted?
- What will be the impact on and opportunities from increasing EV uptake for the electricity grid?