EVENT: Making Solar Powered Transport A Reality - 11 February 2020
Video: The Opportunity for vehicle integrated PV in Australia - A/Prof Ned Ekins-Daukes
"Cars evoke strong emotions in people – so whatever we, as engineers, think is the best solution must appeal to people in their day-to-day lives" - A/Professor Ned Ekins-Daukes.
UNSW staff, students and global partners are pushing the boundaries, innovations and ambitions for solar powered vehicles.
This sold out event was a huge success. We tackled a full and fascinating agenda answering a range of questions:
- Is a non-plug-in solar vehicle feasible?
- Are consumers willing to pay for PV powered vehicles?
- Why researchers from The Netherlands view solar vehicles as a key part of the energy transition
- Inverter developments in mobile energy storage and vehicle to grid interactions
- Blockchain and secure energy trading
For all event videos, click here.
The topic and event attracted great media coverage: