Solar Powered Transport Event
"Cars evoke strong emotions in people – so whatever we, as engineers, think is the best solution must appeal to people in their day-to-day lives" -A/Professor Ned Ekins-Daukes
Our sold out event 'Making Solar powered transport a reality' was a huge success. We tackled a full and fascinating agenda answering a range of questions:
- Is a non-plug-in solar vehicle feasible?
- Are consumers willing to pay for PV powered vehicles?
- Why researchers from The Netherlands view solar vehicles as a key part of the energy transition
- Inverter developments in mobile energy storage and vehicle to grid interactions
- Blockchain and secure energy trading
The topic and event attracted great media coverage:
The Sydney Morning Herald - 'Fuel falls from the sky': The solar revolution coming down the road
The Driven - Driving on sunshine: Solar cars could be closer than you think
Reneweconomy - Australian ‘Solar Skin’ invention could power cities and vehicles of the future
The Driven Podcast - How close are we to solar cars? Q&A from the event with guest panel including Prof Martin Green, hosted by Bridie Schmidt
View more information, including events videos on our Events page: https://research.unsw.edu.au/digitalgridfutures/events