Dr Liu is leading a research team on Integrated Devices and Intelligent Diagnostics (ID2, https://guozhenliu.weebly.com/) covering the area of point-of-care testing, nanoscale analysis, stimuli-responsive nanoparticles, advanced sensing technologies and biomedical devices. Liu’s group targets to “Creating tools to quantify our health” where she modifies the bio-nano interfaces for diagnostic medical devices, bioimaging and biomaterials as well as more fundamental research on real-time in vivo sensing and adaptive cellular response systems. Besides the biomedical research, the group is also interested in the development of assays and portable devices for food safety.
Current research projects:
- Smart sensing platforms for detection of key analytes in the body such as insulin, glucose, cytokines, microRNA, nucleic acids, exosomes, and ROS/RNS
- CRISPR/Cas based biosensing technologies
- Stimuli-responsive nanoparticles towards intelligent personialised nanomedicine
- 3D microfluidic paper based point-of-care devices
- Pathogen and toxin detection in foods and agriculture
- Single cell analysis
- Wearable and implantable in vivo devices
Refereed Journal Articles (Names underlined were students or postdocs under Liu's supervision; *corresponding author; Google citations: https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=xms_zr0AAAAJ&hl=en)
- M. R. Benzigar, Ripon Bhattacharjee, M. Baharfar G. Liu*, Current methods for diagnosis of human coronaviruses: pros and cons, Anal. Bioanal. Chem, 2020, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00216-020-03046-0
- S. Clement, J. M. Campbell, W. Deng, A. Guller, S. Nisar, G. Liu, B. C. Wilson, E. M. Goldys, Mechanisms for Tuning Engineered Nanomaterials to Enhance Radiation Therapy of Cancer, Adv. Sci, 2020, 2003584, 1-34https://doi.org/10.1002/advs.202003584,
- M. R. Benzigar, V. D.B.C Dasireddy, X. Guan, T. Wu, G. Liu*, Advances on emerging materials for flexible supercapacitors: current trends and beyond, Adv. Funct. Mater., 2020, 2002993, 1-41, https://doi.org/10.1002/adfm.202002993. (IF: 16.836)
- S. N. Prabhu, G. Chinthaka P., A. S. Davidson, G. Liu, Molecularly Imprinted Polymer‐based detection of creatinine towards smart sensing, Medical Devices & Sensors, 2020, in press, https://doi.org/10.1002/mds3.10133
- M. Baharfar, M. Rahbar, M. Tajiki, G. Liu*, Engineering Strategies for Enhancing the Performance of Electrochemical Paper-Based Analytical Devices, Biosens. Bioelectron., 2020, 167, 112506, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bios.2020.112506 (IF-10.25)
- M. Yang, X. Wu, H. Li, G. Cui, Z. Bai, L. Wang, M. Kraft, G. Liu, L. Wen, A Novel Rare Cell Sorting Microfluidic Chip Based on Magnetic Nanoparticle Labels, J. Micromech. Microeng., 2020, in press, https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1361-6439/abbb7b/meta
- M. Frank, M. Baratta, K. Zhang, I. Fallon, M. Pearson, G. Liu, M. Hutchinson, L. Watkins, E. Goldys, S. Maier, Acute stress induces the rapid and transient induction of caspase-1, gasdermin D and release of constitutive IL-1b protein in dorsal hippocampus
Journal: Brain Behavior and Immunity, Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, 2020, 30,2002993, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbi.2020.07.042, (IF: 6.633)
- Z. Bai, Y. Liu, R. Kong, T. Nie, Y. Sun, H. Li, T. Sun, C. Pandey, Y. Wang, H. Zhang, Q. Song, G. Liu, M. Kraft, W. Zhao, X. Wu, L. Wen, Near-field Terahertz Sensing of Hela cells and Pseudomonas Based on Monolithic Integrated Metamaterials with Spintronic Terahertz Emitter, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2020, 12, 32, 35895–35902, https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.0c08543 (IF: 8.758)
- L. Qiao, M. Benzigar, A. Subramony, N. Lovell, G. Liu*, Advances in Sweat Wearables: Sample Extraction, Real-Time Biosensing, and Flexible Platforms, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2020, 12, 30, 34337–34361, https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.0c07614 (IF: 8.758)
- J. Zhou, L. Yin, Y. Dong, L. Peng, G. Liu, S. Man, L. Ma*, Cas13a Based Bacterial Detection Platform: Sensing Pathogen Staphylococcus aureus in Food Samples, Anal. Chim. Acta, 2020, 1127, 225-233, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aca.2020.06.041 (IF: 5.977)
- Y. Dai*, Y. Wu*, G. Liu, J. J. Gooding, CRISPR Mediated Biosensing Toward Understanding Cellular Biology and Point-of-Care Diagnosis, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2020, 132, 20938-20950, https://doi.org/10.1002/ange.202005398, (IF: 12.959)
- A. Arman, F. Deng, E. M. Goldys, G. Liu*, M. R. Hutchinson*, In vivo intrathecal IL-1β quantification in rats: monitoring the molecular signals of neuropathic pain, Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, 2020, 88, 442-450, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbi.2020.04.009, (IF: 6.633)
- L. Peng, J. Zhou, G. Liu, L. Yin, S. Ren, S. Li*, L. Ma*, CRISPR-Cas12a based aptasensor for sensitive and selective ATP detection, Sens. Actuators B: Chem, 2020, 128164, 1-5, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2020.128164 (IF: 7.100)
- S. Ni, Z. Shen, P. Zhang, G. Liu*, Enhanced performance of an electrochemical aptasensor for real-time detection of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) by nanofabrication and ratiometric measurement, Anal. Chim. Acta, 2020, 1121, 74-82, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aca.2020.05.003, (IF: 5.977)
- S. Rani, S. Bandyopadhyay-Ghosh*, S. B. Ghosh, G. Liu, Advances in Sensing Technologies for Monitoring of Bone Health, Biosensors, 2020, 10, 42, https://doi.org/10.3390/bios10040042, (IF: 3.240)
- Z. Shen, J. Huang, H. Wei, H. Niu, B. Li, R. Li, G. Liu*, Validation of an in vivo electrochemical immunosensing platform for simultaneous detection of multiple cytokines in Parkinson’s Disease mice model, Bioelectrochemistry, 2020, 134, 107532, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bioelechem.2020.107532, (IF: 4.722)
- Z. Luo, T. Lv, K. Zhu, Y. Li, L. Wang, J. J. Gooding, G. Liu*, B. Liu*, Paper-based Ratiometric Fluorescence Analytical Devices towards Point-of-Care Testing of Human Serum Albumin, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2020, 59, 1-7, https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.201915046, (IF: 12.959)
- A. Hassanzadeh-Barforoushi*, M. Ebrahimiwarkiani, D. Gallego-Ortega, G. Liu, T. Barber, Capillary-assisted microfluidic biosensing platform captures single cell secretion dynamics in nanoliter compartments, Biosens. Bioelectron., 2020, 112113, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bios.2020.112113, (IF: 10.257)
- F. Deng, A. Arman, E. M. Goldys, M. R. Hutchinson*, G. Liu*, A method for in vivo quantification of cytokine IL-1ß in the rat intrathecal space, ACS Applied Bio Materials, 2020, 3 (1), 539-546, https://doi.org/10.1021/acsabm.9b00958, (IF=N?A, new journal)
- F. Deng, Y. Li, Md J. Hossain, M. D. Kendig, R. Arnold, E. M. Goldys, M. J. Morris, G. Liu*, Analyst, 2019, 144, 5682 - 5690 [Highlighted on the journal Front Cover]
- G. Liu*, C. Bursill, S. P. Cartland, A. G. Anwer, L. M. Parker, K. Zhang, S. Feng, M. He, D. W. Inglis, M. M. Kavurma, M.R. Hutchinson, E. M Goldys*, A nanoparticle-based affinity sensor that identifier and select highly cytokine-secreting cells, iScience, 2019, 20, 137-147
- G. Liu*, C. Cao, H. Wei, S. Feng, S. Ni, On-Chip Structure-Switching Aptamer Modified Magnetic Nanobeads for Continuous Monitoring of Interferon-gamma Ex Vivo, Microsystems & Nanoengineering, 2019, accepted, [IF=5.1]
- B. V. Dang, A. Hassanzadeh-Barforoushi, M. S. Syed, D. Yang, S.-J. Kim, R. Taylor, G.-J. Liu, G. Liu*, Tracie Barber*. Microfluidic actuation via 3D-printed molds towards multiplex biosensing of cell apoptosis, ACS Sensors, 2019, accepted [IF=6.9]
- Y. Li, L. Liu, G. Liu*, CRISPR/Cas multiplexed biosensing: a challenge or an insurmountable obstacle? Trend in Biotechnology, 2019, I:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tibtech.2019.04.012 [IF=13.6]
- Y. Alhamoud, D, Yang, S. S. F. Kenston, G. Liu, L. Liu, H. Zhou, F. Ahmed, J. Zhao, Advanced in biosensors for the detection of ochratoxin A: Bioreceptors, nanomaterials, and their applications, Biosens. Bioelectron., 2019, 141, 11418 [IF=9.5]
- T. Jiang, L. Zhou, H. Liu, P. Zhang, G. Liu, P. Gong, C. Li, W. Tan, J. Chen, L. Cai, A Monitorable Mitochondria-targeting DNAtrain for Image-guided Synergistic Cancer Therapy, Anal. Chem. 2019, 91, 6996-7000, DOI: 10.1021/acs.analchem.9b01777 [IF=6.3]
- K. Wen, X. Xu, J. Chen, L. Lv, L. Wu, Y. Hu, X. Wu, A. Peng, G. Liu, H. Huang, Triplet Tellurophene-based Semiconducting Polymer Nanoparticles for Near-Infrared-mediated Cancer Theranostics, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2019, 11, 19, 17884-17893, https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsami.9b05196 [IF=8.1]
- F. Deng, E.M. Goldys, G. Liu*, Molecularly imprinted polymer-based reusable biosensing device on stainless steel for spatially localized detection of cytokine IL-1β, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2019, 292, 277-283, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2019.04.142 [IF=5.7]
- L. Liu, D. Yang, G. Liu*. Signal amplification strategies for paper-based analytical devices, Biosens. Bioelectron., 2019, 136, 60-75. http://authors.elsevier.com/sd/article/S0956566319303355 [IF=8.2]
- F. Zhang, F. Deng, G-J Liu, R. Middleton, D. Inglis, A. Anwer, S. Wang, G. Liu*, IFN-γ-induced signal-on fluorescence aptasensors: from hybridization chain reaction amplification to 3D optical fiber sensing interface towards a deployable device for cytokine sensing, Molecular Systems Design & Engineering, 2019, in press https://pubs.rsc.org/en/Content/ArticleLanding/2019/ME/C9ME00047J#!divAbstract
- Y. Li, S. Li, J. Wang, G. Liu*, CRISPR/Cas systems towards next generation biosensing, Trends in Biotechnology, 2019, 37 (7), 730-743, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tibtech.2018.12.005 [Review paper]
- K. Ma, G-J. Liu, L. Yan, S. Wen, B. XU, W. Tian, E. Goldys, G. Liu*, AIEgen based PLGA magnetic nanoparticles to localize cytokine VEGF for early diagnosis and photothermal therapy, Nanomedicine, 2019, in press, https://www.futuremedicine.com/doi/full/10.2217/nnm-2018-0467
- F. Zhang, L. Liu, S. Ni, J. Deng, G.J. Liu, R. Middleton, D. Inglis, S. Wang, G. Liu*, Turn-on fluorescence aptasensor on magnetic nanobeads for aflatoxin M1 detection based on an Exonuclease III assisted signal amplification strategy, Nanomaterials, 2019, 9(104), 1-13
- W. Wu, M. Jia, Z. Wang, W Zhang, Q. Zhang, G. Liu, Z. Zhang, P. Li, Simultaneous voltammetric determination of cadmium(II), lead(II), mercury(II), zinc(II), and copper(II) using a glassy carbon el ectrode modified with magnetite (Fe3O4) nanoparticles and fluorinated multiwalled carbon nanotubes, Microchimica Acta, 2019, 186:97, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00604-018-3216-5
- J. Kaur, C. Jiang, G. Liu*, Different strategies for detection of HbA1c emphasizing on HbA1c biosensors and point-of-care analyzers, Biosens. Bioelectron., 2019, 123, 85-100 [Review paper] https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bios.2018.06.018
- H. Wei, S.N. Ni, C.M. Cao, G. F. Yang, G. Liu*，Graphene oxides signal reporters based multifunctional immunosensing platform for amperometric profiling of multiple cytokines in serum, ACS Sens., 2018, 3(8), 1553-1561
- C. Cao. R. Jin, H. Wei, et al, G. Liu*, Graphene Oxide Based Recyclable In vivo Device for Amperometric Monitoring of Interferon-γ in Inflammatory Mice, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2018, 10(39), 33078-33087
- J. Li, et al, G. Liu, et al, Perspective: Biomedical sensing and imaging with optical fibers—Innovation through convergence of science disciplines, APL Photonics, 2018, 3, 100902
- K. Zhang, M.V. Baratta, G. Liu*, M.G. Frank, N.R. Leslie, L.R. Watkins, S.F. Maier, M.R. Hutchinson, E.M. Goldys, A novel platform for in vivo detection of cytokine release within discrete brain regions, Brain Behav. Immu., 2018, S0889-159(18), 30130-30132. https://doi.org/101016/j.bbi.2018.04.011
- F. Zhang, B. Liu, G. Liu, W. Sheng, Y. Zhang, Q. Liu, S. Wang, Novel magnetic nanobeads-based fluoroimmunoassays for zearalenone detection in cereals using protein G as the recognition linker, Sens. Actuators B Chem., 2018, 270, 149-157. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2018.04.131
- C.M. Cao, F. Zhang, E. M. Goldys, F. Gao, G. Liu*, Advances in structure-switching aptasensing towards real-time detection of cytokines, TrAC Trends Anal. Chem., 2018, 102, 379-396 [Review paper]
- F. Zhang, B. Liu, G. Liu, Y. Zhang, J. Wang, S. Wang, Substrycture-activity relationship studies on antibody recogntion for phenylurea compounds using immunoassay and computational chemistry, Sci. Rep., 2018, 8(3131), 1-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trac.2018.03.002
- K. Ma, F., Zhang, N. Sayyadi, W. J. Chen, A. Anwer, A. Care, B. Xu, W. J. Tian, E. M. Goldys,G. Liu*, Turn-on fluorescent aptasensor based on AIEgen labelling for the localisation of IFN-y in live cells, ACS Sens., 2018, 3(2), 320-326. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acssensors.7b00720
- K.X. Zhang, G. Liu*, E.M. Goldys, Robust immunosensing system based on biotin-streptavidin coupling for spatially localized femtogram mL-1 level detection of interleukin-6, Biosens. Bioelectron., 2018, 102, 80-86. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bios.2017.11.023
- M. Qi, J.W. Huang, H. Wei, C.M. Cao, S.L. Feng, Q. Guo, E.M. Goldys, R. Li, G. Liu*,Graphene oxide thin film with dual function integrated into a nano-sandwich device for in vivo monitoring of interleukin-6, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2017, 9(48), 41659-41668. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/acsami.7b10753
- S.L. Feng, G. Liu, L. Jiang, Y. Zhu, E.M. Goldys, D.W. Inglis, A microfluidic needle for sampling and delivery of chemical signals by segmented flows, Appl. Phys. Lett, 2017, 111, 183702.
- S.L. Feng, A.M. Skelley, A.G. Anwer, G. Liu, D.W. Inglis, Maximizing Particle Concentration in Deterministic Lateral Displacement Arrays, Biomicrofluidics, 2017, 11, 024121.
- G. Liu*, K. Zhang, K. Ma, A. Care, M.R. Hutchinson, E. M. Goldys, Graphene quantum dots based "switch-on" nanosensors for intracellular cytokine monitoring, Nanoscale, 2017, 9, 4934-4943.
- C.M. Cao, Y. Zhang, C. Jiang, M. Qi, G. Liu*, Advances on Aryldiazonium Salt Chemistry Based Interfacial Fabrication for Sensing Applications, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2017, 9(6), 5031-5049. [Review paper]
- A. Rehman, A. Anwer, M, Gosnell, S. Mahbub, G. Liu, E.M. Goldys, Fluorescence quenching of free and bound NADH in Hela cells determined by hyperspectral imaging nad unmixing of cell autofluorescence, Biomed. Opt. Express, 2017, 8(3), 1488-1498
- G. Liu*, K.X. Zhang, A. Nadort, M.R. Huctchinson, E.M. Goldys, Sensitive cytokine assay based on optical fiber allowing localised and spatially resolved detection of interleukin-6, ACS Sens., 2017, 2(2), 218-226.
- C. Jiang, S.M. Silva, S. Fan, Y. Wu, M.T. Alam, G. Liu, J.J. Gooding, Aryldiazonium elelctrochemistry derived mixed organic layers: from surface chemistry to its applications, J. Electroanal. Chem, 2017, 785, 265-278. [Review paper]
- Y. Lu, Y. Xia, G. Liu, M. Pan, M. Li, N. A. Lee, S. Wang, A Review of Methods for Detecting Melamine in Food Samples, Crit. Rev. Anal. Chem., 2017, 47(1), 51-66.[Review paper]
- X. Gong, G. Liu, Y. Li, Y. Yu, W.Y. Teoh, Functionalized-graphene composites: Fabrication and applications in sustainable energy and environment, Chem. Mater., 2016, 28(22), 8082-8118.[Review paper]
- M. Qi, Y. Zhang, C.M. Cao, M. Zhang, S. Liu, G. Liu*, Decoration of RGO nanosheets with aryldiazonium salt and gold nanoparticles towards a label-free amperimetric immunosensor for detecting TNF-a in live cells, Anal. Chem., 2016, 88(19), 9614-9621.
- M. Qi, Y. Zhang, C.M. Cao, Y. Lu, G. Liu*, Increased sensitivity of extracellular glucose monitoring based on AuNP decorated GO nanocomposites, RSC Adv., 2016, 6, 39180-39187.
- Y. Lu, M. Li, M. Ding, G. Liu, Y. Zhang, S.Wang, Detection of biosphenol-A with electrochemical immunosensor: The comparison of the competition and displacement format assay, J. Electroanal. Chem., 2016, 779, 34-38.
- G. Liu*, M. Qi, M. Hutchinson, G. Yang, E.M. Goldys, Recent Advances in Cytokine Detection by Immunosensing, Biosens. Bioelectron., 2016, 79, 810-821. [Review paper]
- G. Liu*, M. Qi, Y. Zhang, C.M. Cao, E.M. Goldys, Nanocomposites of Gold Nanoparticles and Graphene Oxide Towards an Stable Label-Free Electrochemical Immunosensor for Detection of Cardiac Marker TroponinI, Anal. Chim. Acta, 2016, 909, 1-8. [Front cover feature article]
- D. Song, C. Guo, J. Zhao, H. Suo, X. Zhao, G. Liu, Host Sensitized Near-infrared Emission in Nd3+ -Yb3+ Co-doped Na2GdMg2V3O12 Phosphor, Ceram. Int., 2016, 42(11):12988-12994
- W. Z. W. Ismail, G. Liu, K. Zhang, E.M. Goldys, J.M. Dawes, Dopamine Sensing and Measurement using Threshold and Spectral Measurements in Random Lasers,Opt. Express, 2016, 24(2), A85-A91.
- G. Liu*, Y. Zhang, M. Qi, F. Chen, Covalent Anchoring of Multifunctionized Gold Nanoparticles on Electrodes towards an Electrochemical Sensor for Detection of Cadmium Ions, Anal. Methods, 2015, 7, 5619-5626.
- Y. Zhang, M. Qi, G. Liu*, C-C Bonding of Graphene Oxide on 4-Aminophenyl Modified Gold Electrodes towards Simultaneous Detection of Heavy Metal Ions, Electroanalysis, 2015, 27 (5), 1110-1118.
- G. Liu*, Y. Zhang, W. Guo, Covalent Functionalization of Gold Nanoparticles as Electronic Bridges and Signal Amplifiers Towards an Electrochemical Immunosensor for Botulinum Neurotoxin Type A, Biosens. Bioelectron., 2014, 61, 547-553.
- X. Gong, Y. Bi, Y. Zhao, G. Liu, W.Y. Teoh, Graphene Oxide-based Electrochemical Sensor: a Platform for Ultrasensitive Detection of Heavy Metal Ions, RSC Advances, 2014, 4 (47), 24653-24657.
- F. Chen, G. Liu, Y. Shi, P. Xi, J. Cheng, J. Hong, R. Shen, X. Yao, D. Bai, Z. Zeng, A Coumarin-derived Fluorescent Chemosensor for Selectively Detecting Cu2+: Synthesis, DFT Calculations and Cell Imaging Applications, Talanta, 2014, 124(15), 139-145.
- G. Liu*, W. Guo, Y. Zhang, Covalent Fabrication of Methyl Parathion Hydrolase on Gold Nanoparticles Modified Carbon Substrates for Designing a Methyl Parathion Biosensor,Biosens. Bioelectron., 2014,53 (15), 440-446.
- G. Liu*, W. Guo, D. Song, A Multianalyte Electrochemical Immunosensor Based on Patterned Carbon Nanotubes Modified Substrates for Detection of Pesticides,Biosens. Bioelectron., 2014, 52 (15), 360-366.
- A. Li, J. Liu, G. Liu, J. Zhang, S. Feng, Design and Synthesis of Fluorescent Core-shell Nanoparticles with Tunable LCST Behavior and Metal-enhanced Fluorescence,J. Polym. Sci. Part A: Polym. Chem., 2014, 52(1), 87-95.
- C. Fairman, M. Chockalingam, G. Liu, A.H. Soeriyadi, J.J. Gooding. Light-Induced Organic Monolayer Modification of Iodinated Carbon Electrodes, Langmuir,2014, 30, 332−339.
- W. Guo, F. Jiang, J. Chu, D. Song, G. Liu*, A Sensitive Hydrogen Peroxide Biosensor Based on Aryldiazonium salts and SWNTs Modified Gold Electrodes, J. Electroanal. Chem., 2013, 703, 63-69.
- U.E. Wawrzyniak, P. Ciosek, M. Zaborowski, G. Liu, J.J. Gooding. Gly-Gly-His Immobilized On Monolayer Modified Back-Side Contact Miniaturized Sensors for Complexation of Copper Ions,Electroanalysis, 2013, 25(8), 1-11.
- F. Chen, P. Xi, C. Ma, C. Shao, J. Wang, S. Wang, G. Liu, Z. Zeng. In Situ Preparation, Characterization, Magnetic and Catalytic Studies of Surfactant Free RGO/FexCo100−xnanocomposites, Dalton Trans., 2013, 42, 7936-7942.
- G. Liu*, D. Song, F. Chen. Towards the Fabrication of a Label-free Amperometric Immunosensor Using SWNTs for Direct Detection of Paraoxon, Talanta, 2013, 104, 103-108.
- G. Liu, S.G. Iyengar, J.J. Gooding. An Amperometric Immunosensor Based on a Gold Nanoparticle-Diazonium Salt Modified Sensing Interface for the Detection of HbA1c in Human Blood, Electroanalysis, 2013, 25(4), 881-887.
- G. Liu*, S. Wang, J. Liu, D. Song. An Electrochemical Immunosensor Based on Chemical Assembly of Vertically Aligned Carbon Nanotubes on Carbon Substrates for Direct Detection of Pesticide Endosulfan in Environmental Water, Anal. Chem., 2012, 84(9), 3921-3928.
- X. Luo, J. Liu, G. Liu, R. Wang, Z. Liu. Manipulation of the Bioactivity of Glucose Oxidase via RAFT Controlled Surface Modification, J. Polym. Sci. Part A: Polym. Chem., 2012, 50(14), 2786-2793.
- G. Liu, S.M. Khor, S.G. Iyengar, J.J. Gooding. Development of an Electrochemical Immunosensor for the Detection of HbA1c in Serum, Analyst, 2012, 137, 829-832.
- G. Liu, S.G. Iyengar, J.J. Gooding. An Electrochemical Impedance Immunosensor Based on Gold Nanoparticle-Modified Electrodes for the Detection of HbA1c in Human Blood,Electroanalysis, 2012, 24(7), 1509-1516.
- G. Liu. Modification of Aryldiazonium Salts on Electrodes towards Designing Stable and Versatile Sensing Interfaces, Aus. J. Chem., 2011, 64, 658.
- G. Liu, J. Liu, T.P. Davis, J.J. Gooding. Electrochemical Impedance Immunosensor Based on Gold Nanoparticles and Aryldiazonium Salts Functionalized Gold Interface for the Detection of Antibody, Biosens. Bioelectron., 2011, 26(8), 3660-3665.
- G. Liu, E. Luais, J.J. Gooding. The Fabrication of Stable Gold nanoparticle Modified Interfaces for Electrochemistry, Langmuir, 2011, 27(7), 4173-4186.
- G. Liu, N.M.K. Tse, M.R. Hill, D.F. Kennedy, C.J. Drummond, Disordered Mesoporous Gadolinosilicate Nanoparticles Prepared Using Gadolinium Based Ionic Liquid Emulsions: Potential as Magnetic Resonance Imaging Contrast Agent, Aus. J. Chem., 2011, 64, 617-624.
- S.M. Khor, G. Liu, J.R. Peterson, S.G. Iyengar, J.J. Gooding. An Electrochemical Immunobiosensor for Direct Detection of Veterinary Drug Residues in Undiluted Complex Matrices, Electroanalysis, 2011, 23(8), 1797-1804.
- S.M. Khor, G. Liu, S.G. Iyengar, J.J. Gooding. The Importance of Interfacial Design for the Sensitivity of a Label-Free Electrochemical Immuno-Biosensor for Small Organic Molecules.Biosens. Bioelectron., 2011, 26(5), 2038-2044.
- X. Chen, M. Chockalingam, G. Liu, E. Luais, A.L. Gui, J.J. Gooding, A Molecule with Dual Functionality 4-Aminophenylmethylphosphonic Acid: A Comparison Between Layers Formed on Indium Tin Oxide by In Situ Generation of an Aryl Diazonium Salt or by Self-Assembly of the Phosphonic Acid, Electroanalysis, 2011, 23(11), 2633-2642.
- C. Hua, W. H. Zhang, S.R. M.D. Almeida, S. Ciampi, D. Gloria, G. Liu, J.B. Harper, J.J. Gooding, A Novel Route to Copper(II) detection Using ‘Click’ Chemistry-induced Aggregation of Gold Nanoparticles, Analyst, 2011, 137, 82-86. [Front cover feature article]
- A.L. Gui, G. Liu, M. Chockalingam, G.L. Saux, J.B. Harper, J.J. Gooding. A Comparative Study of Modifying Gold and Carbon Electrode with 4-nitrophenyl Diazonium Salt. Electroanalysis, 2010, 22(16), 1824-1830.
- A.L. Gui, G. Liu, M. Chockalingam, G.L. Saux, J.B. Harper, J.J. Gooding. A Comparative Study of Modifying Gold and Carbon Electrode with 4-sulfophenyl Diazonium Salt. Electroanalysis, 2010, 22(12), 1283-1289.
- G. Liu, M. Chockalingham, S.M. Khor, A.L. Gui, J.J. Gooding. A Comparative Study of the Modification Gold and Glassy Carbon Surfaces with Mixed Layers of In situ Generated Aryl Diazonium Compounds. Electroanalysis, 2010, 22(9), 918-926
- G. Liu, C.E. Conn, L. Waddington, S.T. Mudie, C.J. Drummond. Colloidal Amphiphiles Self-Assembly Particles Comprised of Gadolinium Oleate and Myverol: Evaluation as Contrast Agents for Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Langmuir, 2009, 26(4), 2383-2391.
- G. Liu, C.E. Conn, C.J. Drummond. Lanthanide Metal Oleates: Chelation, Self-Assembly and Exemplification of ordered Nanostructured Colloidal Contrast Agents for Medical Imaging. J. Phys. Chem. B, 2009, 113(49), 15949-15959.
- G. Liu, J.J. Gooding. Towards the Fabrication of Label-free Amperometric Immunosensors Using SWNTs. Electrochem. Commun., 2009, 11: 1982-1985.
- G. Liu, M.N. Paddon-Row, J.J. Gooding. Protein Modulation of Electrochemical Signals: Application to Immunobiosensing. Chem. Commun., 2008, 3870-3872.
- C. Fairman, S.S.C. Yu, G. Liu, A.J. Downard, B.D. Hibbert, J.J. Gooding. Exploration of Variables in the Fabrication of Pyrolysed Photoresist. J. Solid State Electrochem., 2008, 12(10): 1357-1365.
- G. Liu, M.N. Paddon-Row, J.J. Gooding. Molecular Wire Modified Glassy Carbon Electrode for Achieving Direct Electron Transfer to Native Glucose Oxidase.Electrochem. Commun., 2007, 9(9): 2218-2223.
- G. Liu, T. Böcking, J.J. Gooding. Diazonium salts: Stable Monolayers on Gold Electrodes for Sensing Applications. J. Electroanal. Chem., 2007, 600(2):335-344.
- G. Liu, J.J. Gooding. An Electrochemical Interface Comprising Molecular Wires and Poly(ethylene glycol) Spacer Units Self-Assembled on Carbon Electrodes for Studies of Protein Electrochemistry. Langmuir, 2006, 22(17):7421-7430.
- G. Liu, Q.T. Nguyen, E. Chow, T. Bocking, D.B. Hibbert, J.J. Gooding. Study of Factors Affecting the Performance of Voltammetric Copper Sensors based on Gly-Gly-His Modified Glassy Carbon and Gold Electrodes. Electroanalysis, 2006 18(12): 1141-1151.
- G. Liu, J. Liu, T. Böcking, P.K. Eggers, .J.J. Gooding. The Modification of Glassy Carbon and Gold Electrodes with Aryl Diazonium Salt: The Impact of the Electrode Materials on the Rate of Heterogeneous Electron Transfer. Chem. Phys., 2005, 319: 136-146.
Scholarly Book Chapters
- J.J. Gooding, G. Liu, A.L. Gui. Book chapter 9: The Use of Aryl Diazonium Salts in the Fabrication of Biosensors and Chemical Sensors, in book Aryl Diazonium Salts: New Coupling Agents and Surface Science 2012, Wiley publisher, p.197-218
Research in Media Coverage: