I received my Ph.D from The Chinese University of Hong Kong in Dec. 2007. I am currently an associate professor and an ARC Future Fellow in the School of Mathematics and Statistics at University of New South Wales. My area of interest is optimisation, variational analysis and tensor computations. For recent research articles, please see web.maths.unsw.edu.au/~gyli/papers/articles.html
Recent Invited Plenary Presentations
- The AMSI Optimise event (June 26-30, 2017) as a national plenary speaker: a five-day symposium inspiring industry and research collaboration, organized by Australian Mathematical Science Institute: 1 hour's presentation.
- The international conference “Mathematical Optimisation Down Under (MODU2016)" as a plenary speaker (organized by Australian Mathematical Science Institute), 18-22 July 2016, Melbourne, Australia: 1 hour's presentation.
- International Conference in Optimization Theory and its Applications (ALEL 2016) as an invited plenary speaker, 6-8, June 2016, Cartagena, Spain: 1 hour's presentation.
- The 2014 International Conference on Tensors and Matrices and their application as an invited plenary speaker,, Suzhou, P.R. China, Dec. 17-20, 2014: 1 hour's presentation.
- [Since 01/2016] Associate Editor of the Springer journal ``Journal of Optimization Theory and its Applications".
- [Since 01/2015] Associate Editor of the Springer journal ``Mathematical Methods of Operations Research".