This course is only open to students enrolled in an honours program or ILP at UNSW or affliated institutions (UNSW and affiliated organisations i.e. Children's Cancer Institute, Garvan Institute, Ingham Institute, Neuroscience Research Australia, Liverpool Hospital, Prince of Wales Hospital, St George Hospital, St Vincent's Hospital, and Victor Chang).
Program: 8:30am to 5:00pm
• Introduction to Ethical issues related to the use of animals for scientific
• Overview of the Australian Code of Practice and current legislations
• Responsibilities with animal use
• Introduction to the promotion of animal wellbeing
• Normal animal behaviour, identification and management of pain and
• Assessing impact of common procedures
• Introduction to animal handling and basic scientific techniques used
with laboratory animals
Assessment: Written examination
Qualification: Certificate of Attendance
Registration closing date: 10 February 2019
Registration is via SurveyMonkey.