Develop a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel to manage, analyse and visualise your research data. While this workshop is aimed at novice Excel users, most attendees will walk away with new tricks to work more efficiently with their research data.
This course will run over 2 days: Mon 15 Mar 1.30 - 4.30pm and Tues 16 Mar 9.30am - 12.30pm.
You will learn to:
- ‘Clean up’ messy research data
- Organise, format and name your data
- Interpret your data (SORTING, FILTERING, CONDITIONAL FORMATTING)
- Perform calculations on your data using functions (MAX, MIN, AVERAGE)
- Extract significant findings from your data (PIVOT TABLE, VLOOKUP)
- Manipulate your data (convert data format, work with DATES and TIMES)
- Create graphs and charts to visualise your data (CHARTS)
- Handy tips to speed up your work
Additional courses: are being offered by UNSW throughout the year. The training calendar and free online resources are available on the Research Technology Training website.
UNSW researchers are also permitted to attend Intersect-run courses at any of the Intersect member institutions (click here to view the courses on offer). Recordings of Intersect webinars can also be found here.