21st March 2017, 10am to 12:30pm
Funding & Projects: Principles in preparing a budget application, (Next workshop date TBA)
The aim of this workshop is to assist researchers in identifying and recognising UNSW's expectations in building the components of a budget for a funding application
- Organised By: The Researcher Development Unit, together with Grants Management Office and Research Strategy and Partnerships Office
- Category: Seminars or Workshops
Suitable for: Researchers new to preparing a budget for a funding application
Highlights from previous participants:
- " the use of examples to illustrate issues and principles "
- " the examples of budget calculations were helpful - I recognise how time consuming it can be "
This practical workshop is presented by The Grants Management Office (GMO), who will work through practical examples and provide advice based on the GMO's experience in supporting researchers to:
• identify components of a budget
• calculate a budget
• meet the challenges of costing
• consider the variables in budget expectations for different funding applications
In addition, the workshop will be supported by the Research Strategy and Partnerships Office (RSPO), who will demonstrate how the RSPO pricing tool can be a useful timesaver in calculating the costs of research in preparing a budget
This workshop is open to 50 people. Next workshop date to be advised.
Registration Closing Date: 16th March 2017, 5pm