Learn the fundamentals of NVivo including importing data, creating nodes and producing basic visualisations. NVivo allows researchers to simply organise and manage data from a variety of sources including surveys, interviews, articles, video, email, social media and web content, PDFs and images. Coding your data allows you to discover trends and compares themes as they emerge across different sources and data types. Using NVivo memos and visualisations combined with the ability to integrate with popular bibliographic tools you can get your research ready for publication sooner.
Please note: This course is taught using NVivo 12 Pro for Windows and may not be appropriate for NVivo for Mac users.
You will learn to:
- Create and organise a qualitative research project in NVivo
- Import a range of data sources using NVivo’s integrated tools
- Code and classify your data
- Format your data to take advantage of NVivo’s auto-coding ability
- Use NVivo to discover new themes and trends in research
- Visualise relationships and trends in your data
Additional courses: are being offered by UNSW throughout the year. The training calendar and free online resources are available on the Research Technology Training website. Recordings of Intersect webinars can also be found here.