This live coding workshop will provide researchers and research students with an introduction to programming. You will learn how to:
- Navigate and work with files and directories (folders).
- Combine data and tools to build a processing workflow.
- Automate repetitive analysis using the command line.
- Import powerful libraries that support numerical analysis (NumPy) and visualisation (Matplotlib)
- Blend code, output and documentation with Jupyter notebook
- Keep versions of data, scripts, and other files
- Restore earlier versions of files
- Compare changes between versions of a file
- Push your versioned files to a remote location, for backup and to facilitate collaboration
Additional courses: are being offered by UNSW throughout the year and course overviews are available on the eResearch Training Resources website.
UNSW researchers are also permitted to attend Intersect-run courses at any of the Intersect member institutions. If you would like to run a dedicated course offered by Intersect for your team please contact DVR Infrastructure at firstname.lastname@example.org.