24th May 2017, 9:30am to 12:30pm
Publishing & Profile Building: Starting a Conversation about your Research with Impact, 24 May 2017
Ever wondered how to explain who you are, what you do and why your research is so important and is worth supporting? What will keep your audience interested? If so, this workshop is for you.
- Organised By: The Learning Centre & Researcher Development
- Category: Seminars or Workshops
Suitable for: This workshop is suitable for all academic staff including HDRs in at least their 3rd year of their degree.
The aim of this workshop is to assist you to produce and practice a concise statement designed to engage listeners and quickly inform and educate them about your research.
After completing this workshop, you will:
- Understand the principles of a "two minute pitch"
- Be aware of the impact that authenticity and your own agenda can have on a pitch
- Analyse an audience to determine context
- Draft and review your pitch after completing a content analysis
- Identify means of progressing your "pitch"conversation
Facilitators: Gwyn Jones, The Learning Centre, UNSW and Natalie Haider, Scientia Office.
This workshop is open to 50 people. To check if there are spots remaining and to register, click here.
Registration Closing Date: 19th May 2017, 2pm