How do you agree expectations with your HDR candidate? How do you provide feedback sensitively? This workshop explores the nature of effective conversations and provides a toolkit to develop these skills, especially in challenging situations.
Suitable for: Supervisors of HDR candidates or those considering supervision
Preparation: If you have a current critical conversation issue please come prepared to discuss this at the workshop.
A practical workshop utilising tools and models to progress the issue including an introduction to the resources available from the Researcher Development Unit (RDU).
This workshop focuses on the conversation toolkit, as it applies to the supervisor/HDR relationship and aims to:
1. Understand the roles and responsibilities of a supervisor in building an effective relationship through conversation
2. Identify communication & feedback models to build the HDR / Supervisor relationship
3. Recognise the impact of individual style and preference on conversations
4. Realise the value of clear expectations (goals / measures) as a means of discussing an issue
5. Explore how to progress a number of typical, yet difficult supervisor / HDR situations whilst retaining an effective working relationship
6. Identify support available in dealing with difficult conversations
To express your interest in attending the next offering of this workshop, please contact email@example.com.