Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap) is a widely used electronic data capture platform, designed to replace paper-based surveys and spreadsheet-based data capture systems. Although originally designed as a clinical research tool, REDCap is appropriate for any discipline of study that requires secure and clean data capture.
UNSW REDCap Clinic is a fortnightly, virtual training and discussion session, 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm on Fridays using video-conferencing in Microsoft Teams. The first hour will be a topical training session, followed by a Q&A discussion session where anyone can bring questions. This means that if you feel like the topic is not relevant for you, you can join at 2:30 pm with specific questions.
On 20 September 2019, the topic for UNSW REDCap Clinic is Introductory Overview for Beginners. This training session will cover the contents in UNSW REDCap User Guide (https://research.unsw.edu.au/unsw-redcap-user-guide):
- Conditional Logic Overview (will be aimed at the audience not accustomed to syntax)
- Conditional Logic to customise data entry experience - branching logic
- Conditional Logic to customise survey experience
- branching logic
- Survey Queue
- Automated Survey Invitations
- Conditional Logic to perform Data Quality Rules
- Conditional Logic to create custom Record Status Dashboard
- Conditional Logic to create custom Reports