This is a free course being offered by UNSW for researchers and research students and which has been developed using the researcher-focused training modules from the highly regarded Software Carpentry Foundation (software-carpentry.org).
In this course you will learn how to:
- Understand and compose a query using SQL
- Use the SQL syntax to select, sort and filter data
- Calculate new values from existing data
- Aggregate data into sums, averages, and other operations
- Combine data from multiple tables
- Design and build your own relational databases
The course will be delivered by Intersect and held in Wallace Wurth Computer Lab G16-G17 (map ref C27).
Click here for further information and to register.
Additional courses: are being offered by UNSW throughout the year and course overviews are available on the eResearch Training Resources website.
UNSW researchers are also permitted to attend Intersect-run courses at any of the Intersect member institutions or alternatively if you would like to run a dedicated course offered by Intersect for your team please contact: DVR Infrastructure at email@example.com.
Event open only to UNSW Staff & Students