Researchers and research students from any discipline will learn tips and tricks with Microsoft Excel and gain skills in importing, sorting, filtering, copying, protecting, transforming, summarising, merging, and visualising research data.
In this course you will learn how to:
- Find, import and ‘clean up’ messy research data
- Organise, format and name your data in Excel
- Analyse your data (answer research questions)
- Interpret your data (filtering, conditional formatting)
- Perform calculations on your data (max, min, average)
- Extract significant findings from your data (pivot tables)
- Manipulate your data (data conversion, dates and times)
- Create graphs and charts to visualise your data
Click here for further information and to register.
Additional courses: are being offered by UNSW throughout the year and course overviews are available on the eResearch Training Resources website.
UNSW researchers are also permitted to attend Intersect-run courses at any of the Intersect member institutions.