New South Wales. Listening Devices Act 1984 and search under Listening Devices Act for information about the audio and/or video recording of interviews.
- New South Wales. Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 and search under Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998. (This version was last updated on 1 January 2005).
- New South Wales. Commission for Children and Young People Act 2005 No 108 and search under Commission for Children and Young People Act 2005 No 108.
- New South Wales Commission for Children and Young People. Working with children, frequently asked questions visit this website.
- For more information on mandatory Reporting of child abuse visit this website.
- New South Wales. Crimes Act 1900 Section 316 Concealing serious indictable offence and the Crimes (General) Regulation clause 6 and search under Crimes Act 1900.
- Research Guidelines. For information on guidelines for approving applications for external agencies to conduct research in NSW Government schools visit this page of the Department of Education and Training website.
NSW Guardianship Tribunal, for more information visit this page of the NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal, Guardianship Division
NSW Human Tissue Act 1983. Please note The Human Tissue Act 1983 (NSW) overrides, or otherwise affects, the operation of the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research (2014) in the area of consent for the use of human tissue in research.
- The Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies. Guidelines for Ethical Research in Indigenous Studies (2012).
- Values and Ethics - Guidelines for Ethical Conduct in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Research have been developed by an Australian Health Ethics Committee working committee in 2003 and replaced the Guidelines on ethical matters in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Research (1991).
- Keeping Research on Track: A guide for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples about health research ethics is a companion document to Values and Ethics: Guidelines for Ethical Conduct in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Research.
- Declaration of Helsinki, for more see the World Medical Association website.
- Nuremberg Code, for more see the Office of Human Subject Research website.
- United Nations. General Assembly. Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- United Nations. UNESCO. Universal Declaration on the Human Genome and Human Rights (1997).
- United Nations. UNESCO. Universal Declaration on the Human Genetic Data (2003).
- United Nations. UNESCO. Universal Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights (2005).
- Ethical Issues United Nations. UNESCO. Ethical issues.
- Office for Human Research Protections (USA).
- Office for Human Research Protections (USA). Informed consent.
- Australian Privacy Principles (APPS regulate the handling of personal information by Australian government agencies and some private sector organisations.
- The Regulation of Health Information Privacy in Australia.
- Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW).
- Royal Australian Institute of Architects Code of Conduct.
- Australian Computer Society Code of Ethics.
- Australian Journalists' Association and the MEAA/AJA Code of Ethics.
- Australian Optometrists Associate of Australia: Patient Rights.
- The Australian Psychological Society Code of Ethics.
- Australian Association for Research in Education Code of Ethics.
- Australian Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics.
- Australian Medical Association Code of Ethics.
- ICC/ESOMAR International Code of Marketing and Social Research Practice.
- Association of Social Anthropologists of the UK and the Commonwealth.
- Australian Anthropological Society.
- National Association of Environmental Professionals Code of Ethics
- Law Society of New South Wales. Professional Conduct and Practice Rules Download PDF.
- Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency. Code of Practice of the Exposure of Humans to Ionizing Radiation for Research Purposes. (RPS No.8) Download PDF.
- Note for guidance on Good Clinical Practice (CPMP/ICH/135/95) Annotated with TGA Comments’ . Download PDF.
- Therapeutic Goods Administration. The Essential Principles for Medical Devices. (Australian Medical Devices Guidance Document Number 22) 3 November 2003.
- Therapeutic Goods Administration. Frequently asked questions: clinical trials. May 2001. Australian therapeutic products legislation.
National Health and Medical Research Council Statement on Animal-to-Human Transplantation (Xenotransplantation) Research. 10 March 2005. Download PDF.
Includes: Attachments 1
NHMRC. Xenotransplantation Working Party. Animal-To-Human Transplantation: Final report and advice to the National Health and Medical Research Council. September 2004.
Draft, unendorsed Guidelines for Clinical Animal-to-Human Transplantation Research. September 2004.