ARC LIEF 2017 Resource Page
Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities- Grants Management Office (GMO)
|Thursday 10 September 2015||Funding Rules and Changes to Funding Rules Document released|
Tuesday 9 February 2016
LIEF Strategic Round Table
|Thursday 18 February 2016||NOI Deadline- email your NOI to Dr William Lao, email@example.com|
|Wednesday 17 February 2016
||Applications open in RMS|
|Friday 18 March 2016
||Internal Deadline for Strategic Review- Submit your proposal to Associate Professor Grainne Moran (firstname.lastname@example.org) for strategic feedback.|
|Monday 21 March 2016
||Request not to Assess Due - Submit your RNTA Form to the GMO (email@example.com) by 21 March for ARC submission by 23 March 2015.|
|Wednesday 23 March 2016
||Internal Deadline for GMO Compliance Review- Details of your Compliance Advisor will be advised shortly after the internal close.|
|Wednesday 6 April 2016
||ARC External Close - Finalise and submit applications on RMS.|
GMO Application Toolkit
- Salary Scales for Grant Budgeting - Details of UNSW Salary Scales. Use the worksheets to budget academic, professional and casual salaries with appropriate on-costs.
- LE17- A9.2 Major National Facility Template
- LE17- A10.2 International Facility Template
- LE17- A10.3 International Facility Agreement Template
- LE17- C1 - Project Description Template
- LE17- E2- Summary of Project Direct Cost Template
- LE17- E3- Justification of funding requested from the ARC Template
- LE17- E4- Details of Non-ARC Contributions Template
- LE17- E5- Summary of Quotes Template
- LE17- G1- Research Support Template
- LE17- G2- Statements on Progress of ARC Funded LIEF Projects Template
- LIEF 2017 Budget Table Example - (forthcoming-version from previous round provided)- Budget items that have been taken from previous successful LIEF applications, as well as rules and instructions for what can and can’t be included in your application. Use the spreadsheet for ideas on items you may need for your project, the appropriate sections to place the items in, and suggestions on how to phrase the details for each line item.
- Applying for a LIEF Strategic Guide - Please note, you will need to use your zID to access this document. If you encounter any issues logging into the page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org including your LE17 application number, for assistance. (Also sent directly to applicants upon commencement in RMS. If you have started an application and not received, email email@example.com)
Additional resources for budget preparation can be found on the GMO Budget Preparation Resource Page.
NOI Instructions & Documentation
All UNSW Researchers intending to apply for an ARC LIEF grant (through UNSW or as part of a bid led by another Institution) commencing in 2017 must complete and submit a NOI by Thursday 18 February 2016- email your NOI to William Lao, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LE17 NOI Workbook
- LE17 NOI Instructions
- LE17 UNSW Site, Services and Installation Sign-Off with Checklist
The LIEF Notification of Intention to Apply (NOI) is a formal application to the University for financial and in-kind support for your LIEF application. NOIs must be completed using the UNSW NOI Excel workbook.
UNSW Policy on Cash Contributions to LIEF Applications
- UNSW may decide to provide 100% cash contribution from UNSW Central if the project is based at UNSW (i.e. if UNSW is selected as the administering institution)
- UNSW contribution for the ARC LIEF 2017 applications submitted via another institution (i.e. where UNSW is not the administering institution) should be made up of 75% UNSW Central funds and 25% from School/Faculty funds
- Applicants should seek budget advice and assistance in preparing their application from the Mark Wainwright Analytical Centre. Email Associate Professor Grainne Moran, Executive Director- email@example.com
Using RMS 2.0
How to Access and Update your Personal profile:
- Login to RMS 2.0
- On your home screen, known as the ‘Action Centre’, find the ‘Person Profile’ section
- Click on each of the Personal Profile sections in turn (‘Personal Details’, ‘Qualifications’ and ‘Employment’) and enter your details where any fields are blank.
- You can still view all the details you previously entered in RMS - under the ‘Personal Profile’ section, click on ‘RMS legacy information’ to log in your old RMS account.
How to Request a New Account:
- If you never had an RMS account, visit the RMS 2.0 homepage and click “request new account”. A new screen will appear where you can enter your details.
- Under “Admin Organisation”, select “The University of New South Wales”. This allows UNSW to administer your account and track your proposal once you commence an application.
- Under “Organisation”, select your current organisation (or enter it in the free text box).
- Once you complete your details and click “register” at the bottom of the screen, you will be sent an automatic email asking you to validate your email address. Click the link to confirm your address.
- Your request will be sent to the UNSW research office and ARC for approval. This may take several business days.
- Once approved, you will receive an automatic email with instructions for setting up your password. Once this is complete, you will be able to log in to RMS 2.0 and begin setting up your personal profile.
Step by step screen shots of the above processes and additional user instructions are available at the ARC RMS 2.0 Information Page.
UNSW LE17 Certification Form
It is a UNSW requirement that you obtain written certification from all persons and organisations participating in your project prior to submission to the ARC.
Who should complete and sign this form:
- Each Chief Investigator (CI) (except for the lead-investigator)
- Each Partner Investigator (PI)
- The Organisation of each PI. The form should be signed by the CEO or delegate of the Organisation. (NOT required for overseas organisations)
- The Collaborating Organisation of each CI. The form should be signed by the DVCR or delegate (e.g. Director, Research Office, DVCR) of the University. (NOT required for CIs from UNSW)
Please submit your certifications by email to your Compliance Advisor, or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UNSW Certification of non-UNSW led LIEF proposals
The Director, Grants Management Office is the signatory for all certifications where UNSW is not the Administering Organisation. If you are a participant on a proposal that is being led by another institution please send your certification form through to email@example.com for UNSW certification. Please note, you will need to use the certification form provided by the Administering Organisation. Certification forms will not be signed for proposals that did not submit a formal NOI.
Contacts and Support
- Submit your proposal to Associate Professor Grainne Moran (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 18th of March for strategic feedback.
Compliance & Eligibility Advice (Grants Management Office - GMO)
- You will be advised on the details of your individual Compliance Advisor shortly after commencing your application on RMS. In the meantime, please contact the GMO on email@example.com. Note that the ARC will not respond directly to enquiries from researchers – they request and expect that enquiries are made through the Grants Management Office. For RMS technical issues, please contact the GMO Operations Team- firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Consult the GMO's library of successful grant applications for ideas on structuring your proposal and for a better understanding of the level at which your proposal should be pitched. Please email email@example.com to arrange access. Please note, you will need to bring your UNSW staff card, and applications may only be read in the library and may not be copied.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with 'subscribe grant-news' in the body of the message to subscribe to LE17 Alerts. The Grants Management Office will issue regular alerts with key information throughout the round.