The Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities scheme provides funding for research infrastructure, equipment and facilities to eligible organisations.
The scheme enables researchers to participate in cooperative initiatives so that expensive research infrastructure, equipment and facilities can be shared between higher education organisations and also with industry.
The scheme also fosters collaboration through its support of the cooperative use of international or national research facilities.
Under the scheme, applicants may seek funding for:
- infrastructure, equipment and facility purchases, construction and installation
- salaries directly associated with creating and installing infrastructure, equipment or facilities
- leasing of infrastructure, equipment or facilities
- consortium membership costs, in the case of Australia's participation in the use of significant international-scale or national research facilities
- specialised computing facilities and software
- compilations, catalogues, clearing houses or bibliographies.
The objectives of the Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities scheme are to:
- support excellent basic and applied research and research training through the acquisition of research equipment and infrastructure and access to national and international research facilities; and
- encourage Eligible Organisations to develop collaborative arrangements with other Eligible Organisations and/or Partner Organisations for the acquisition and use of research equipment and infrastructure or access to national and international facilities
|Internal Deadline for Early Notification of Intent||Monday 16 November 2020|
|Application Open||Wednesday 27 January 2021|
|UNSW Full Notification of Intent Deadline||Wednesday 27 January 2021|
|Internal Deadline for Strategic Advice||Monday 1 March 2021|
|RGC Internal Deadline||Wednesday 10 March 2021|
|RGC Request Not to Assess Deadline||Monday 15 March 2021|
|Final Application Due to RGC||Tuesday 30 March 2021, 9am|
|ARC Deadline||Wednesday 31 March 2021|
|Rejoinder Period||7 July 2021 to 21 July 2021|
|Anticipated Announcement||Third Quarter 2021|
Important dates for Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities 2022
- The grant commencement date for the Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities grant opportunity for funding commencing in 2022 is 1 January 2022. This date is when grant funding may commence.
- The active project assessment date for the Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities grant opportunity for funding commencing in 2022 is 1 July 2022. This date is used to consider project and application limits per named participant.
*Resources Coming early 2021*