Managing Your Contract/Consultancy
Research Strategy and Partnerships Office
Contract Research, Consultancies and Other Agreements
UNSW provides comprehensive support with contract research, consultancies and other agreements from pre to post award.
The RSPO provides support to UNSW staff in establishing and strengthening research partnerships with external organisations. This includes advice in relation to building successful client relationships and establishing pathways that increase collaborative opportunities with external organisations.
The Research Strategy and Partnerships Office (RSPO) assists UNSW researchers with:
- preparation, review, negotiation and sign-off on agreements relating to contract research and consultancy
- a range of templates available to support research agreements with external organisations
- use of the UNSW Research Pricing Tool to price your project
- preparation of proposals and tender submissions
- facilitating University Paid Outside Work
- For assistance with these processes, including having a research agreement reviewed or drafted, please forward a request to email@example.com with as much relevant background information as possible.
Division of Research
- The Grants Management Office supports post award activities for contract research and consultancy projects including client invoicing and reporting.
- All researchers and research administrators at UNSW can access the InfoEd grants management system to assist them in managing their funded contract research/consultancy. Follow the link for assistance with InfoEd.
Division of Enterprise
- UNSW Innovations advises on the commercial and easy access licensing of intellectual property developed by UNSW.
The following diagram further outlines how the RSPO and GMO can assist with agreements with external organisations: