Field of Research (FoR)
Dr Danielle Moreau is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering at the University of New South Wales. She is a member of the Flow Noise Group and her current research is in the field of aeroacoustics. Her research focuses on the understanding and control of flow-induced noise with the aim of quietening modern technologies such as submarines, wind turbines, fans, UAVs and aircraft. Dr Moreau's major...view more
Dr Danielle Moreau is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering at the University of New South Wales. She is a member of the Flow Noise Group and her current research is in the field of aeroacoustics. Her research focuses on the understanding and control of flow-induced noise with the aim of quietening modern technologies such as submarines, wind turbines, fans, UAVs and aircraft. Dr Moreau's major research contributions have been in (i) wall-mounted finite airfoil aeroacoustics, (ii) airfoil trailing edge noise production and control, (iii) rotor, fan and wind turbine noise generation and (iv) bluff body aeroacoustics.
For a description of Flow Noise Group facilities and research projects please visit http://www.flownoise.unsw.edu.au/
- Doctor of Philosophy (2010): The University of Adelaide. Thesis: Spatially fixed and moving virtual sensing methods for active noise control.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechatronic) (2005): The University of Adelaide. First class honours
- UNSW Engineering Staff Excellence Award in Education Excellence and Innovation (2019)
- Future Women Leaders Conference Award (2019)
- Royal Aeronautical Society (London) Bronze Written Paper Prize (2017)
- NSW Young Tall Poppy Science Award (2016)
- ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (2015)
- Fulbright South Australia Scholar (2013) (Host institution: Virginia Polytechnic and State University)
- Australian University Federation of Women Postdoctoral Award (2013)
- Centre for Energy Technology Best Contribution to Research Quality Prize (2012)
- University Doctoral Research Medal (2011)
- PhD thesis commendation from the Dean of Graduate Studies (2010)
- Acoustics 08 Best Paper in Structural Acoustics and Vibration (Second Prize) (2008)
- Australian Postgraduate Award (2006)
My Research Supervision
Areas of supervision
Research positions are available with Dr Moreau for Masters and PhD students in the areas of aeroacoustics, acoustics and active noise control. Successful students will be joining a dynamic research group consisting of academics, postdocs, PhD students and technical staff. We currently run experimental and numerical projects in
- Three-dimensional airfoil flow noise
- Bio-inspired quiet airfoil design
- Quiet insect aeroacoustics
- UAV and drone aeroacoustics
- Bluff body flow noise
Please contact Dr Moreau if you are interested in a meeting to discuss research opportunities and for a tour of the lab.
UNSW offers a number of prestigious scholarships to international and domestic research candidates. You can assess your likelihood for admission or scholarship via UNSW-HDR Self Assessment Tool. UNSW / Home Country Joint Scholarships are also available to students from China, Pakistan and Chille.
- Course convenor for MECH4305: Fundamental and Advanced Vibration Analysis (2016 - present)
- Lecturer for AERO3630: Aerodynamics (Aeroacoustics module) (2018 - present)
- Lecturer for AVEN1920: Introduction to Aircraft Engineering and MMAN2600: Fluid Mechanics (2015 - 2016)