This research seeks to understand the barriers and facilitators to effective leadership in the HIV epidemic in Papua New Guinea at national, provincial and district levels and in various sectors. It will examine:
- Who is taking leadership roles in national provincial and district responses to HIV?
- How is leadership understood and enacted at each level?
- What are the obstacles to effective leadership?
- What are the catalysts of effective leadership?
- What are the practical steps that can be taken to encourage increased leadership?
- How can we train good leaders