The Research Administrators Network is open to all UNSW staff who play a role in assisting researchers in applying for and managing external research projects.
To join RAN, please complete the online registration form.
To strengthen the working relationship between Research Services and staff supporting research at UNSW, and assist Research Administrators by providing opportunities for learning and development in research management.
- Thursday 2 February- Extend your Career - the UNSW Academic Career Development Framework
How can UNSW assist individuals working in some way with research and place them at the centre of developing their careers, irrespective of their role or career stage?
This interactive presentation by Cecilia Stenstrom, Director Researcher Development Unit will explore this question and how it relates to Research Administrators. Specific UNSW ACDF topics covered include:
- Why is it needed?
- What is it and how was it developed?
- Who can utilise the framework?
- How do you use the framework?
- What’s in it for administrators- examples of how it has been used
- What’s next for the UNSW ACDF?
- Tuesday 6 September- US Compliance
What is this thing called Uniform Guidance and how does it impact international institutions?
Any Australian university that holds an agreement with a US federal agency or has a sub‐award from a US institution needs to know about US Uniform Guidance regulations. Since the Uniform Guidance came into full effect in 2014, there has been a lot of confusion and a steep learning curve for research administrators to adapt to the new regulations. This workshop will provide expert knowledge on all aspects of the Uniform Guidance from special guest speakers from the University of Maryland.
- Wednesday 27 July- Research Support, Rankings and Output
- Research Services - Daniel Owens
- Research Strategy and Partnerships Office - Warwick Dawson
- University Library - Robyn Drummond and Kate Byrne
University Rankings 101 - Aleks Alimpijevic, Research Analysis, Performance and Profile Office
- Free to UNSW Research Administrators
- Weekly short training/information videos for Research Administrators
- *NCURA - National Council of University Research Administrators (USA)
- On-demand access to video tutorial library 24/7
- New courses added weekly at no additional cost
Connect with a colleague for help
The Research Administrators Network is a resource to help you connect with other knowledge experts across different schools and faculties within our university. If you have a question but don't know where to find answers, or would like training or mentoring in a particular area of research administration, contact Alex Bell and put the request to your colleagues in the RAN.