Research Strategy and Partnerships Office
We have a range of template agreements available to support specific types of external partnerships. These templates are managed by the Research Strategy and Partnerships Office and UNSW Legal Office (Research) and include:
- Consulting Agreement
This template is suitable for use when UNSW is being engaged to provide consultancy services to an external organisation. Additional clauses are available for insertion where the project involves testing only. Information on this template and additional clauses can be obtained from the Research Strategy and Partnership Office.
- Research Agreement
This template provides a standardised legal framework for engaging UNSW to undertake research activities. It should be used where UNSW is performing a research project for an external organisation, with or without the involvement of students.
- Student Agreement
This agreement is for use when a UNSW student will be involved in undertaking a research project for an external organisation; eg. as part of their PhD.
- Student Deed Poll
This deed poll should be used when a UNSW Student/s participates in a research project governed by a third party agreement or a projects that may involve or lead to the development of commercially sensitive intellectual property, including ARC Linkage projects.
- Memorandum of Understanding (with International Universities)
This is a non-legally binding document indicating an intention by UNSW to undertake research collaboration with an international university in one or more areas.
- ARC Linkage Projects Collaborative Research Agreement (between UNSW and partner organisation). This template is used for ARC Linkage Projects led by UNSW which are not likely to produce commercially valuable intellectual property.
- ARC Linkage Projects Collaborative Research Agreement (between UNSW, New South Innovations and partner organisation). This template is used for ARC Linkage Projects led by UNSW which are likely to produce commercially valuable intellectual property. New South Innovations manages intellectual property created by UNSW
- NHMRC Partnership Projects Agreement
This template has been developed for NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health – Projects (Partnership Projects) where UNSW is the administering organisation and one or more participating institutions are collaborating on the project.
- Confidentiality Agreement (one way)
This template should be used when the university wishes to disclose confidential information to another party and requires that the information remains confidential. Alternate templates, such as a two-way confidentiality agreement or confidentiality deed poll, are available on request.
Using UNSW template agreements ensures prompt approval enabling projects to commence. If you wish to use a UNSW template agreement or require assistance in determining the applicable template agreement please contact Warwick Dawson, T:+61 2 9385 7929 E: email@example.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.