I am a Senior Research Fellow at the Social Policy Research Centre in the Faculty of Arts, Design and Architecture. My research employs a feminist economic and social policy lens to examine issues in the fields of poverty and inequality, informal care across the lifecourse and ageing and aged care.
Current and recent projects include:
- research on poverty and inequality in Australia as part of the Poverty and Inequality Partnership between UNSW Sydney and ACOSS (the Australian Council of Social Services)
- a review of existing ABS datasets to explore what can be known about the abuse of older people with the Australian Institute of Family Studies for the Attorney General's Department
- a literature review on understanding the social and emotional needs of carers for the NSW Carers Advisory Council
- an ARC linkage project on Carers and Social Inclusion: New frameworks, evidence and policy lessons
- research for the Australian Human Rights Commission on Investing in care: recognising and valuing those who care
I am also an Associate Investigator with the UNSW Ageing Futures Institute (AFI) and I am currently conducting research for an AFI Seed Funding Grant 2020 project on Understanding unmet need in aged care: an interdisciplinary approach, with Associate Professor Myra Hamilton and Professor Carmelle Peisah.