ARC Linkage Scheme
The ARC Linkage Program is a funding scheme that enables external partner organisations to undertake a collaborative research project with UNSW.
The Program works to benefit the broader Australian community by funding collaborative research projects with industry, government or community organisations who are looking to collaborate with UNSW researchers to answer questions or solve problems for their strategic benefit and/or competitive advantage. Grant funding is predominantly provided by the ARC, with partner organisations providing a mix of cash and in-kind support.
UNSW is consistently the national leader in securing ARC Linkage funding, demonstrating our long tradition and reputation for excellence and leadership in industry-relevant research and underlining our clear strength in engaging in real-world research and supporting innovative research partnerships.
UNSW has wide ranging expertise and experience in working with its research partners, from the earliest stages of research through to commercialisation, on projects ranging from social policy studies, through hi-tech industrial investigations, to medicine. Our EasyAccessIP program increases the range of options available to partners for facilitating knowledge transfer with many technologies being licensed for free.
UNSW's diverse partner organisations span the private and public sectors and include: Surf Life Saving Australia Ltd, the National Heart Foundation of Australia, the Brotherhood of St Laurence, Suntech Power Holdings, the Australian Human Rights Commission, BHP Billiton, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, the University of California, San Diego – Visual Arts, the Australian Wildlife Conservancy and Beijing Origin Water Technology Company.
Almost all public, private, community, government and not-for-profit organisations are eligible as partner organisations, provided they are not primarily funded for research or research-related activities by government.
NEW Continuous Linkage Projects Scheme
- From July 1, 2016 the ARC is implementing a continuous Linkage Projects scheme whereby applications can be submitted at any time. Further information can be found at:
- Workshops: the RSPO will be holding range of workshops on the new continuous Linkage Scheme including:
- University-wide workshops
- Faculty and school-based workshops
- Email email@example.com to request a workshop
For advice on:
- Suitability of projects for this scheme
- How to maximize benefit
- Enhancing application success
- Partner Organisation contributions required (including in-kind)
Senior Strategic Development Manager (Industry), RSPO
T: +61 2 9385 7930
M: 0412 364 592
For advice on:
- Alternatives to ARC Linkage Projects for industry engagement
- Capacity at UNSW to engage in end-user research
T: 61 2 9385 7929
M: 0419 415 872