Publications are one of the key measures of performance in academia today. Producing publications is becoming an increasingly complex process, particularly in the Sciences, Engineering and Medicine where single authorship is largely a rarity. Clear and transparent policies, processes and guidelines are essential to ensuring a research culture at UNSW in which researchers maintain the highest standards with regards to publications and authorship.
|In alignment with UNSW’s Research Integrity Principles, the following responsibilities apply to UNSW researchers:|
|Authorship: Researchers take responsibility for their contributions to all publications, funding applications, reports and other representations of their research. Lists of authors include all those and only those who meet applicable authorship criteria.|
|Publication & Acknowledgement: Researchers acknowledge in publications, the names and roles of those who made significant contributions to the research but do not meet authorship criteria. Acknowledgements include writers, funders, sponsors, and others|
UNSW’s Authorship and Publications Policies and Procedures:
- UNSW Research Publications (ResPubs) – list your publications on ResPubs, the University’s primary location for storing publications and other output information
UNSW Research Outputs System (ROS)
ROS is UNSW's system for capturing and reporting research publications and outputs. This has replaced the Research Publications (ResPubs) system and includes all data previously entered into ResPubs.
ROS is designed to help reduce the time and effort spent on managing publication and research outputs across the University and offers a number of functionalities to support researchers at UNSW:
- Streamlined, and in many cases automated, publications data entry
- Impact measurements, including H-indexes, citation counts and Altmetrics
- Easy export options that may assist in the creation of publication lists for CVs, grants and promotion applications
- Collecting and collating data for HERDC and other research assessment exercises
- Uploading accurate publication information to the UNSW Research Gateway