I'm an exercise-oncology researcher specializing in the role of exercise during and after chemotherapy for paediatric and adult cancers.
PhD in Paediatric exercise-oncology (2019) and MSc in Ovarian exercise-oncology (2014). Selected for a Fulbright Future Fellowship at St Jude's Children's Hospital in 2021. Always open to collaborations, fellowships and/or lecturer roles in the field of Exercise-Oncology.
Advocate for national/international collaborations to grow the evidence base to improving health outcomes for cancer survivors. Open to opportunities in Australia and abroad.
- * Passionate Exercise-Oncology researcher with 8 years of specialised experience investigating, child and adult (with specialty in ovarian cancer) cancers, with experience in peripheral neuropathy and telehealth.
- * Proven writing track record with 11 peer-reviewed publications (most 1st author)
- * Demonstrated teaching ability by tutoring for 10 UNSW university subjects (1st to 4th year students from Exercise Physiology and Public Health). Invited guest lecturer to 2 Sydney universities.
- * Established network of Exercise-Oncology researchers from Sydney, inter-state and overseas.
- * Dedicated to career progression of others: trained as a Postgraduate Mentor and supervised 8 students (6x 4th year Exercise Physiology, 1x MSc and 1x FRACP Advanced Trainee project)
- * Executive committee member for Exercise and Sport Science Australia's Research Committee
- * Executive committee member for Clinical Oncology Society of Australia's Exercise & Cancer committee
- * Advisory Board member for Little Big Step's registered charity
Fields of Research (FoR)Exercise Physiology, Cancer and related disorders
PhD (UNSW, 2019)
MSc (UNSW, 2014)
BExPhys (UNSW, 2011)
ESSA Member (Accredited Exercise Physiologist)
Fulbright Future Postdoctoral Scholar (2021), host institution: St Jude Children's Research Hospital, Tennessee, USA
ORCID as entered in ROShttps://orcid.org/0000-0003-1174-2248
Currently a Clinical Research Officer with Prince of Wales Clinical School, UNSW, David has been granted a Fulbright Future Fellowship to work at St Jude’s Children’s Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee in 2020.