Field of Research (FoR)
Dr Omar Khadeer Hussain is currently a Senior Lecturer at the School of Business, UNSW Canberra. Prior to joining the School in February 2014 as a Lecturer, he worked as a Senior Research Fellow at Curtin University. Omar's research areas of interests are Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Distributed and Grid Systems, Decision Support, Group Support Systems and their applications to Logistics areas. Omar’s research has been published in...view more
Dr Omar Khadeer Hussain is currently a Senior Lecturer at the School of Business, UNSW Canberra. Prior to joining the School in February 2014 as a Lecturer, he worked as a Senior Research Fellow at Curtin University. Omar's research areas of interests are Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Distributed and Grid Systems, Decision Support, Group Support Systems and their applications to Logistics areas. Omar’s research has been published in international journals such as Future Generations of Computer Systems, Knowledge-based Systems, Information Systems, Expert Systems with Applications, Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, The Computer Journal, Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing etc. He has won university and faculty level awards from his research and as the main and joint supervisor has supervised 9 PhD students to completion. In 2011, he was awarded with an APDI Fellowship from the ARC on a Linkage project with Prof Elizabeth Chang as the lead CI.
- 2016 - ARC Linkage Project - 'Economically Efficient Green Logistics through Cyber Physical Systems' with Professor Elizabeth Chang as lead CI.
- 2015 - ARC Linkage Project - 'Intelligent CRM through Conjoint Data Mining of Heterogeneous Sources' with Professor Elizabeth Chang as lead CI.
Bachelor of Technology (Computer Science) - JNTU - 2002
Master of Research (Computer Science) - La Trobe University - 2004
Doctor of Philosophy (Information Management) - Curtin University - 2008
- 2013 - Curtin Business School New Researcher of the Year award for 2012
- 2013 - Prize for Early Career Researcher, Curtin Business School.
- 2008 - Chancellor's thesis commendation award, Curtin University.
- 2004 - Master Prize – Computer Science, La Trobe University
My Research Activities
- Supply chain risk management.
- Knowledge synthesis from data and utilizing it in different business applications such as decision making, risk management, cloud service management, new product development and milk quality management.
- Predictive analytics for informed business decision making.
My Research Supervision
Areas of supervision
Supervised PhD students:
- Atefe Zakeri (2019) - Primary Supervisor - A Framework for Proactive Management of Raw Milk Quality
- Monireh Mirtalaie (2019) - Primary Supervisor - Feature Drift-based Framework for Novel Idea Recommendation in New Product Development
- Morteza Saberi (2016) - Joint Supervisor - Next Generation of Cleansed Interactive Contact Centre for Efficient Customer Recognition
- Zia-ur-Rehman (2014) - Joint Supervisor - A Framework for QoS Driven User-Side Cloud Service Management
- Adil Hammadi (2014) - Primary Supervisor - A Methodology for Trust and Risk Mash up for Enhanced Business Intelligence in Cloud Environment
- Sazia Parvin (2013) - Primary Supervisor - Trust-based Mechanisms for Secure Communication in Cognitive Radio Networks
- Mohammad Hamdan (2013) - Co-Supervisor - Improving the Performance of Accounting Information Systems of Commercial Banks in Jordan by using the Balanced Scorecard Approach
- Naeem Janjua (2013) - Primary Supervisor - A Defeasible Logic Programming-based Framework to Support Argumentation in Semantic Web applications
- Jamshaid Ashraf (2013) - Primary Supervisor - A Semantic Framework for Ontology Usage Analysis
- Abdullah Salamai - Joint Supervisor -
- Falak Nawaz - Joint Supervisor -
- Zahra Saberi - Joint Supervisor -
- Rizwan Khan - Primary Supervisor -
- Mohammad Nurruzzaman - Primary Supervisor -
- Risk Management in Logistics ZBUS8313
- Logistics Management ZBUS3303
- Asset Management ZBUS8911