Grants Management Office
If you would like to apply to an international funding body you should:
- Contact your Faculty's Grants Team to notify them of your intent to submit an application.
- Submit your application at least ten working days prior to the deadline for compliance check.
- Be aware that the majority of submissions require approval from a delegated UNSW representative.
- Be aware that some funding bodies still require hard copies of submissions, which can take 3-4 working days for delivery.
- Refer to the list of UNSW Codes and Registrations whilst completing your application.
US Government Funding Sources
- National Institutes of Health
- Department of Defense - Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs
- Research Office of the US Army
- US Office of Naval Research
- US Air Force Office of Scientific Research
- US National Science Foundation
All of the above listed sources of US Government funding are applied for via Grants.gov. Please take the time to read through the relevant UNSW Instructions.
Other International Funding Opportunities
|Alexander von Humbolt Foundation||Fellowships to support non-German researchers to work in Germany|
|DFG||Various programs supporting collaborative research with Germany|
|Human Frontier Science Program||Fellowships and Awards supporting international collaborative research|
|The Wellcome Trust||Various programs supporting human and animal health|
|The World Bank||Grants to support development projects, reduce poverty, build capacity, address global and regional challenges and support the efforts of civil society organisations|
|Gates Foundation||Grants to support global health development research|
|Fellowship programs to give opportunities for excellent researchers from around the world to conduct scientific collaboration with their Japanese colleagues.|
This is not an exhaustive list and you should also regularly check the following databases/websites for additional funding opportunities:
SPIN: Database of Australian and International funding opportunities
Connecting Australian European Science and Innovation Excellence: List of funding opportunities supporting EU-Australian collaborative research
CORDIS: Information on EU and R&D programs and funding opportunities