Research Data Management online Training is aimed at helping you understand why you should plan your data management for your research project, how to classify your data, choose suitable tools and where to go if you need help.
RDM Online Training is only accessible to UNSW Staff and students, if you are external to UNSW but wish to view the training material please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good data management is core to the responsible conduct of research. UNSW Research Data Management online Training (RDMoT) aims to assist you to better manage your research data and uphold its integrity. As such, UNSW RDMoT complements the UNSW Research Integrity (UNSW RI) training.
In addition, all Researchers, HDR candidates, and Professional Staff working in research must ensure they are "trained on the security of data and documentation" - Completing the RDMoT is the quickest and easiest way to meet this requirement (Research Data Governance & Materials Handling Policy, 2019, p. 3).
Once the RDM Training is available to you, you will receive a notification from the Graduate Research School.
Once enrolled, you should see the RDM Online Training Module in your moodle dashboard: https://moodle.telt.unsw.edu.au/
Steps for enrolling into the RDMoT for Researchers:
- Log in to MyUNSW to enrol on any of the below Training Courses.
- Click on My Staff Profile
- Ensure you have "Manage My Profile" view and select the "Learning and Development" Tab
- Select the "Search by Course Number"
- Enter RDM001 and click search (this will bring a course named: RDMoT for Researchers)
- Click view available sessions and select session 0001
- Click continue, then submit. (As this is an online course, it does not require supervisor/manager approval)
- All Online Courses become available within 24hrs of enrolment via Moodle (weekdays only)
For step-by-step instructions (with screenshots), refer to the RDMoT for Researchers registration guide for more information.
If you have any questions on research data management in general, or would like a consultation regarding how to manage data specific to your research project, please contact: email@example.com