Power calculations and sample size determination are essential parts of planning a scientific study. In this online course (run over two half-days) we will introduce the basic principles of precision-based and power-based sample size calculations. Using practical examples, we will demonstrate how to perform sample size calculations for common designs in single-sample studies and for comparing groups, as well as discussing practical issues such as multiple comparisons. No knowledge of statistical software will be required.
This course will cover topics including:
- Introduction and motivation
- Basic principles of power and sample size calculations
- Precision-based sample size calculations
- Power-based sample size calculations
- Complex power calculations
- Practical considerations & other issues
Course Requirement: You will need to use a computer during the course.
Date: Tuesday 8 and Wednesday 9 February 2022
Duration: 9.00am to 1.00pm - each day
You will receive a certificate of completion for the course.