Third generation photovoltaic concepts, Application of luminescent up- and down-coversion to Photovoltaics, Light emitting devices based on bulk silicon and on Silicon on insulator, Theoretical analysis of photoluminescence and electroluminescence, Device characterisation - lifetime measurements.
Professor Thorsten Trupke is the Deputy Director of the ARC Photovoltaics Centre of Excellence in the School of Photovoltaic and Renewable Energy Engineering.
- Photoluminescence and electroluminescence imaging on crystalline silicon
- Theoretical analysis of luminescence data
- New characterisation methods
- Defect characterisation
- Industrial Silicon solar cell manufacturing issues
- Advanced (Third Generation) solar cell concepts