UNSW Scientia Program: ($160,000), 2019-2022
BSRG: ($24,852) “Political Reputation and the Evolution of Bureaucracy, 2018
ARC Discovery Project: ($139,000) “Legitimacy and Representation: A Comprehensive Study of Electoral Systems and Strategic Voting Behaviour”, 2014–2016 (with Carlos Pimienta and Marco Faravelli)
ASB Research Grant: ($7,100) “Media, Defamation, and Corruption”, 2013/2014
ASB Research Grant: ($9,058) “Understanding Terrorism: Fear and Reputation”, 2012
ASB Travel Grants, 2012-2013
Special Research Fellowship, Boston University, Fall 2010
Summer Research Grant, Boston University, Summer 2010
Travel Grant, Boston University IED, Summer 2010
PhD in Economics, Boston University, 2011
MSc in Economics, London School of Economics and Political Science, 2006
BA (Laurea) in Economics, University of Rome 'Tor Vergata', 2005
UNSW Business School Outstanding Research Award (Associate Professor), 2019
UNSW Business School Non-Professorial Research Achievement Award 2014
My Research Supervision
Areas of supervision
Barton E. Lee: www.bartonelee.com
- Interview on, Not Another Politics Podcast, 9 September 2020.
- The RBA mangles its messaging, Australian Financial Review, 5 March 2020.
- Rate cuts might hurt, as well as help. What if this man didn’t need to do as much?, The Conversation, 2 July 2019.
- Interview on The Wire, 14 June 2019.
- Our economic model looks broken, but trying to fix it could be a disaster, The Conversation, 7 June 2019.
- F. Fubini on From Weber to Kafka. Troppe e scritte male: Quando le leggi frenano la crescita, L'Economia del Corriere della Sera, 23 Apr 2019.
- QuItaly is Now a Real Possibility, Australian Financial Review, 21 May 2018.
- The many ways Australia isn’t as pro-trade as we claim, The Conversation, 10 April 2018.
- Can Australia avoid Europe’s populist fate?, BusinessThink, 9 April 2018.
- Labor Should Take Heed, Australian Financial Review, 18 November 2017.
- Voting Islamist: It's the economy, stupid, Vox.eu, 14 July 2016.