iRECS is the new, incoming ethics and compliance system at UNSW. iRECS will provide fully integrated online support for ethics and compliance applications, submissions, review and individual project management.
We are in the build-phase and look forward to contact stakeholders in the very near future to engage in the process to develop a platform that enables research and helps us to comply with regulations in an effective way.
iRECS will cater for human research ethics, clinical trials governance, animal research ethics, gene technology and biologically regulated materials as well as radiation research safety across UNSW.
Please check this site for regular updates and do not hesitate to contact RECS via the Director RECS, Dr Ted Rohr, E: firstname.lastname@example.org or M: 0417 844 054 on how to engage with us.
iRECS will be used to manage research ethics submissions and to maintain records of ethics committees and processes and research reporting. It is being implemented in 2022-23 and replaces existing systems for Animal Ethics, Human Ethics, Gene Technology, and Radiation Safety.
The iRECS roll out steps:
- Build: Phase of the project where research ethics forms and processes are being built in iRECS
- Demonstrate: Phase of the project where end users (administrators, applicants, reviewers) are shown iRECS in action and provide feedback.
- Refinements and Data Migration: Phase of the project where current/active ethics records are migrated from existing systems into iRECS.
- Go-Live: The date iRECS is accessible to users.
|Gene Technology and Radiation Safety||Human Research Ethics & Clinical Trials||Animal Ethics|
Build: March – August 2022
Demonstrate: August 2022
Refinements and Data Migration: September – October 2022
Go-Live: 14 November 2022
Build: March – September 2022
Demonstrate: September – October 2022
Refinements and Data Migration: November 2022 – January 2023
Go-Live: Q1 2023
Build: March – October 2022
Demonstrate: October – November 2022
Refinements and Data Migration: February – March 2023
Go-Live: Q2 2023
- iRECS is a collaboration between the UNSW Division of Research & Enterprise and UNSW IT, working with the vendor to produce our outstanding product enhancing research ethics and compliance at UNSW
- Please contact Dr Ted Rohr – Director RECS; Business and Project Owner for any enquiries