Smart Project Scheduling; Supply Chain Management; Production Planning; Optimisation; Project Planning; Decision Analytics
Field of Research (FoR)
Dr Ripon Kumar Chakrabortty is experienced in applying System Engineering and Project management processes. His research interest covers a wide range of topics in Operations Research, Project Management, Supply Chain Management, and Information Systems Management. He is only accepting potential PhD students who have good programming skills along with a prior understanding of optimization and algorithms. Students with an exceptional academic...view more
Dr Ripon Kumar Chakrabortty is experienced in applying System Engineering and Project management processes. His research interest covers a wide range of topics in Operations Research, Project Management, Supply Chain Management, and Information Systems Management. He is only accepting potential PhD students who have good programming skills along with a prior understanding of optimization and algorithms. Students with an exceptional academic score (more than 80%) and good publication records with proficient programming skills are encouraged to contact via firstname.lastname@example.org.
PhD scholarships ($35,000 per year) are available for high-achieving students (with H1/High Distinction in UG and/or Masters by Research) in engineering, mathematics or relevant sciences under my supervision.
Future PhD & Master by Research Students
Students who have good programming skills along with a prior understanding of optimization and algorithms are encouraged to apply. Students with excellent programming and communication skills will be highly appreciable. Several types of scholarships are available; however, admission and scholarship applications are highly competitive. A self-assessment tool is available to get a general feel for your competitiveness. You need to meet the English language requirements. If you are eligible and interested in working on the following (or closely related) topics or keywords, please send me your CV, academic transcripts, the result of the self-assessment, and a research proposal. Your research proposal should highlight:
- Research Motivation,
- Research problems,
- Research Objectives and Questions
- Brief Review of the most relevant Literature,
- Proposed Methodology and
- Expected Outcome.
- Machine Learning with Optimization Algorithms and Applications
- Operations Research and Operations Management Techniques (focus: Sustainable Smart Scheduling, Logistics & Supply Chain Management)
- PhD in Computer Science, University of New South Wales (UNSW), Canberra, Australia. The year 2017. Thesis: Managing Uncertainties and Disruptions in Resource-Constrained Project Scheduling.
- M.Sc. in Industrial and Production Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Bangladesh. The year 2013. Thesis: A Decision Support System for Aggregate Production Planning.
- B.Sc. in Industrial and Production Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Bangladesh. The year 2009. Thesis: Selection of Potential Suppliers Through Multi-Criteria Decision Making (MCDM) Techniques.
- Diploma of Logistics from Monarch Institute, Melbourne, Australia. The year 2018. Nationally accredited by the Australian Government under the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA). Certified by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Australia (CILTA).
- Certificate in ERP (SAP Supply Chain Management), provided by the Sydney Institute of ERP (SiERP). Year 2018
- System Engineering & Management
- Project Scheduling & Budget Control
- System Thinkings & Modellings
- System Analysis & Modelling
- Software Project Management
- Engineering Management
- Probability and Statistics
- Operations Research
- Production Management
- Quality Control and Management
- Facility Management and Material Handling
- Project Management
- Maintenance and Reliability Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Operations Research
Professional Membership & Affiliations
- The institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB)
- Trusted Autonomous Group, UNSW Canberra
- Capability System Centre, UNSW Canberra
- Australian Research Council (ARC)
- Bangladesh Australia Association of Canberra (BAAC)
Future PhD Projects:
- Chakrabortty, Sallam, Moustafa, Ryan, “Pilot Optimisation models for security systems”, Internal (Capability Systems Centre, UNSW Canberra)- 2019-20 >> $37,000
- Ryan, Elsawah, Chakrabortty, and Abbasi, "Development of Joint Requirements Framework and Acquisition Roadmap (RG192081)", External (Department Of Defence - Commonwealth Government Contract) - 2019-20 >> $541,400
- Ryan, Elsawah, and Chakrabortty, "Land Training Support System (LTSS) Operational Concept Development (RG193169)", External (Department Of Defence - Commonwealth Government Contract) - 2019-20 >> $94,000
- Chakrabortty, "Solving Resource Portfolio Problem: Mitigating Uncertainties and Preparing for the Unexpected", Internal (UNSW Canberra) - 2019-20 >> $50,000
- Ryan, Elsawah, Chakrabortty, and Turan, "Asset Maintenance Modelling (RG201160)", External (Department Of Defence - Commonwealth Government Contract) - 2020-21 >> $353,705
- Ryan, Elsawah, Chakrabortty, and Sidhu, "Sea1905 with multi-criteria decision-making modelling in support of gate 1 submission", External (Australian Defence Force Academy - Commonwealth Government Contract) - 2020-21 >> $415,000
My Research Supervision
Areas of supervision
Supply Chain Management
Project Scheduling and Solving Dynamic Problems
Network Influence Maximisation
1. Md Asadujjaman (Ph.D. in Systems Engineering) >> Dynamic Project Scheduling
2. Shahed Mahmud (Ph.D. in Systems Engineering) >> Sustainable Supply Chain and Production Planning
3. Tarun Kumar Biswas (Ph.D. in Systems Engineering) >> Integrating Optimisation in Influence Maximisation tools
4. Aaliya Sarfaraz (Ph.D. in Computer Science) >> Deploying Blockchain Technology in the Sustainable Supply Chain
5. Supriyo Ahmed (Ph.D. in Computer Science) >> Predicting Project Performance by Using Machine Learning Approaches
6. Md Sanowar Hossain (Ph. D. in Systems Engineering) >> Production Planning under Dynamic Uncertainties
- ZEIT3506 (Engineering Management), Sem-2
- System Analysis & Modelling
- ZEIT8305 (Systems Thinking & Modelling), Sem-1
- ZEIT8310 (Project Schedule & Budget Control), Sem -1
Room 367, Building 21, Northcott Drive, Campbell, ACT
PO Box 7916, CANBERRA BC ACT 2610
Optimisation as it term implies often brings diversified contexts under one umbrella. Despite of having opulence of existing optimisation approaches, integration of proper method with real-life applications is still a challenging and onerous task. Here, we as a team, have been working on many such techniques to foot-print in diversified domains along with the association of Capability Systems Centre.