Why Get Involved?
"Early career researchers are the foundation of future research across the globe. Those starting their research careers today will go on to be the research leaders of tomorrow. That is why at UNSW, we support the Early Career Academic Network Executive Committee (ECAN-EC), a leadership body [comprised of ECAs] that provides a platform for early career academics to network, learn and develop. I personally encourage all early career researchers and academics at UNSW to engage with this initiative, to contribute to UNSW life and to play an active role in our research community."
Professor Laura Poole-Warren, Pro Vice Chancellor (Research Training)
- Enabling ECAs to make strategic and informed decisions about their career trajectory and goals
- Promoting and facilitating ECA leadership across the key strategic areas of academic excellence, social engagement and global impact
- Providing space for ECAs to network and share knowledge at faculty and university level
- Connecting the wider UNSW community with a valuable ECA population
- Representing the voice of ECAs at Academic Board.
ECA Support Guideline
ECAN has been closely involved in developing the ECA Support Guideline, which offers a framework for ensuring ECAs at UNSW are provided a supportive and collegial work environment, and are well positioned to pursue a successful academic career. You can read the Guideline online here.