ECAN promotes, connects, enables and represents the careers and interests of Early Career Academics at UNSW
* Enabling ECAs to make strategic and informed decisions about their career trajectory and goals
* Promoting and facilitating ECA leadership across the key strategic areas of academic excellence, social engagement and global impact
* Providing space for ECAs to network and share knowledge at faculty and university level
* Connecting the wider UNSW community with a valuable ECA population
* Representing the voice of ECAs at Academic Board.
Learn career impacting skills with Happiness Concierge in this fun, two-hour masterclass designed for your future career in academia. This is a professional development workshop that will be delivered face to face at both Kensington and Canberra campuses.
Date: 22 August 2019
Time: 2-4 pm
Venues: Kensington - Mathews Building R312 | Canberra - Building 32 LT12
Click here for more information and to register your attendance.
"Slow Scholarship": Arguing for more considered time for thinking and reflecting, rather than pumping out publications for the sake of metrics, Slow Scholarship also promotes the ever elusive ‘work/life balance’.
How can ECA’s navigate the ethical potential of slow scholarship with the increasing pressure to ‘publish or perish’?
More information & registration coming soon.
View the most recent ECAN event 'Navigate Your University', which took place on 1 August 2019 below.
Science ECAN provides a supportive platform to assist Early Career Academics (ECAs) in the Faculty of Science to pursue successful careers at UNSW. Click here for more information.
ECAN has been closely involved in developing the ECA Support Guideline, which offers a framework for ensuring ECAs at UNSW are provided a supportive and collegial work environment, and are well positioned to pursue a successful academic career. You can read the Guideline online here.
To become an ECAN member, simply subscribe to our Mailing List (below). Membership is open to UNSW Early Career Academics (ECAs) who meet all of the following criteria:
- UNSW Academic staff within seven years (relative to opportunity) of having been awarded a PhD or recognised equivalent;
- Appointment is at Level A-C.
The term ECA includes any employee who fits the requirements above, irrespective of whether the employment is:
- in a research-focused role, an education-focused role, or a combined research and education role; and
- in a continuing or fixed-term position.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow our Yammer group for regular updates about opportunities, events and to celebrate the achievements of your fellow ECAN members. Feel free to post directly to Yammer to share any relevant information with the community.
You must click "Subscribe" to submit your application. Please check your email address is correct before registering to ensure you receive all notifications.
You will receive an email confirmation of your membership application within 48 hours. Please note all Early Career Academic Network events are publicised via the Division of Research website and invitations to our events are sent via MailChimp mailing list and our email@example.com mailbox.
Once you register, your name will be added to the mailing list and a confirmation email will be sent via MailChimp. This email will contain instructions on how to unsubscribe in the future, should you wish to terminate your membership.