ECAN promotes, connects, enables and represents the careers and interests of Early Career Academics at UNSW
* Enabling ECAs to make strategic and informed decisions about their career trajectory and goals
* Promoting and facilitating ECA leadership across the key strategic areas of academic excellence, social engagement and global impact
* Providing space for ECAs to network and share knowledge at faculty and university level
* Connecting the wider UNSW community with a valuable ECA population
* Representing the voice of ECAs at Academic Board.
More information coming soon!
Science ECAN provides a supportive platform to assist Early Career Academics (ECAs) in the Faculty of Science to pursue successful careers at UNSW. Click here for more information.
ECAN has been closely involved in developing the ECA Support Guideline, which offers a framework for ensuring ECAs at UNSW are provided a supportive and collegial work environment, and are well positioned to pursue a successful academic career. You can read the Guideline online here.
To become an ECAN member, simply subscribe to our Mailing List (below). Membership is open to UNSW Early Career Academics (ECAs) who meet all of the following criteria:
- UNSW Academic staff within seven years (relative to opportunity) of having been awarded a PhD or recognised equivalent;
- Appointment is at Level A-C.
The term ECA includes any employee who fits the requirements above, irrespective of whether the employment is:
- in a research-focused role, an education-focused role, or a combined research and education role; and
- in a continuing or fixed-term position.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
You must click "Subscribe" to submit your application. Please check your email address is correct before registering to ensure you receive all notifications.
You will receive an email confirmation of your membership application within 48 hours. Please note all Early Career Academic Network events are publicised via the Division of Research website and invitations to our events are sent via MailChimp mailing list and our firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox.
Once you register, your name will be added to the mailing list and a confirmation email will be sent via MailChimp. This email will contain instructions on how to unsubscribe in the future, should you wish to terminate your membership.